Email Marketing

Champion
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

In your opinion, what's a successful layout for a high-performing email?

High-performing emails are focused on taking the essential parts of an email and making sure they are optimized to drive your contacts toward your specific goal. In your opinion, describe what a successful marketing email template looks like.

Extra credit: If you have an example to share (whether it be a drawing or screenshot), please upload it.

*To learn more about this, check out the Creating a High-Performing Email lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

1,076 Replies 1,076
CStansall

Sender: Company name 

Subject line: creative, short

Copy: short paragraphs, bolded headlines, bullet points, hyperlinked images

CTA: in various parts of the email 

LAkers

First you want to have the goal of your email in mind. Making sure your address is from a personalized work email, not an inf0@. Next your subject line needs to intice the customers, not using %off or free (resulting in spam lookalikes), but making sure it is short and sweet. Next your preview text should be a snippet of the main key points of relevance in your email.  The email copy should have scan ability, having shorter paragraphs, bullet points or using bold print to work for the customers. Must have the right tone for the right persona, personalize when appropriate, make sure all spelling is acurate, and most importantly, have a CTA, perferably at the end of the funnel. 

Yaku

High performing emails have a singular focus that will encourage recipients to engage in the content.  Some favorite elements include coupon codes, new offers, testimonials, new applications and usually there is an exciting piece of content such as a video link embedded that I can choose to view if interested.  I find the best marketing emails are ones that I will even save for later if I'm checking work email during a busy day as I know it may be something my company could benefit from.  

Rachelneh

I would consider an email as a high-performing one if it:

- Attracts me at the first sight (by the subject line, such as: telling about the topic I'm into)

- Looks "human" (some add a lot of xx% off, or icons,..., making their emails look so robotic)

- Is clear and short 

- Contains the information that I need

KBurke7

A successful email has a captivating and engaging subject line and content. It is short, concise, and helpful for the audience. 

Meisunn
Participant

A high-performing email with me is an email that is impressive the first time I see it in the notification. The element that can make it is the title and where is it from (who sent it). So I think the title is very important, we should be bold it and " shorter is better".The content of the email should be clear and have no gaps, no one who wants to read too many new words may find the content needed. Email design is also important, if possible, should contain images to reduce the amount of information in letters. 

Tlambert13
Participant

diredct, clear, friendly, and professional.

AOBarton

Totally agree

0 Upvotes
Oo
Contributor

Strong and clear subject

Aj01
Participant

A highperfomance email should have a lot of value to your reader,and also have a call to action button visible enough for yor recipient to take action.

AKalwasinski
Member | Platinum Partner
Member | Platinum Partner

A high performance email hits all the important questions to answer 

VBansal

High-performing emails are focused on taking the essential parts of an email and making sure they are optimized to drive your contacts toward your specific goal

ajmaltahseen

relevance email helpline.jpg

Champion
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Thanks for uploading an example @ajmaltahseen. Very clear. 🔥

0 Upvotes
AShackelford

Short and to the point. Offering something of value with a positive and up beat feel.

NSmith5
Participant

High preformance emails are direct and clear, including only what is necessary for engagement 

CSq
Participant

Strong subject line with different but relevant preview text that initiates the discourse of the email.

Once the email in opened, it should include the logo of the company (small) at the top; a big, concise, catchy text; a longer smaller text below that; some images. At the bottom there could be the links to the company's social media in the form of icons, and a small, clickable text for unsubscribing to the mailing list (I hate when it is not there!)

RGolapi

A High performing email should buy-in the interest of the reader and it must be able to deliver value to the Reader . It should be concise , to the point , emphasing the Importance of Content and should begin with a Catchy Subject . Morever , it's important to menton that it should not contain any spam words and it should be flexible enough to be viewed on different Devices . 

Mel28

A high-performing email takes a content that client/lead is interested in and pulls them in to engage or get a certian result.

To: Parker Laney

Looking for ways to teacher your Toddler?

Preview Text: Parker, download the Toddles today!

fun, engaging, active, activities for you and your toddler. Teach your child while building your relationship.

inmushtaq89

A High performing email should buy-in the interest of the reader and it must be able to deliver value to the Reader . It should be concise , to the point , emphasing the Importance of Content and should begin with a Catchy Subject . Morever , it's important to menton that it should not contain any spam words and it should be flexible enough to be viewed on different Devices . 

RChourasia
Participant

Head turning subject line

Relevant content

Clear CTA

Footer and CAN-SPAM compliance 

Viewable on all devices