Email Marketing Tool

Matthias1
Participant

If then clause possibility for Emails

SOLVE

Hey there,

maybe there is a reason why it is not implemented..

I am a programmer and i would wish in my E-Mail-Templates something like if/then clauses.

A case was, we offered 5 downloads on a landingpage. I had to make a complicated workflow and create 5 different E-Mails to use in the workflow process.

If there would be the possibility to make an if/then in the email, my workflow would be simple and also just 1 E-Mail needed. This could be helpful and easy.

In my Example i would just say in the workflow "Someone who sended that form" -> Send this one E-Mail. And i am done.

In that E-Mail i would have a clause that says "If the property x is y { set this link in the email } elseif(the property x is z){ set another link in the E-Mail }elseif....... and so far.

Instead i had to create 5 E-Mails that are similar, just with different links to the different documents to download.

What do u think? It could be possible and very helpful to have a feature like this implemented?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
coreysmith
Solution
Top Contributor | Gold Partner

SOLVE

You can make this work with smart content in your emails. As long as you have a contact property to key off of you can make it work well.

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/smart-content-user-guide/how-to-create-smart-content-in-a-hubspot-emai...

--
Corey Smith
Directory of Digital Marketing
corey@intuitivewebsites.com

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
coreysmith
Solution

SOLVE

You can make this work with smart content in your emails. As long as you have a contact property to key off of you can make it work well.

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/smart-content-user-guide/how-to-create-smart-content-in-a-hubspot-emai...

--
Corey Smith
Directory of Digital Marketing
corey@intuitivewebsites.com
Matthias1
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you Coreysmith... I will check this out.. But seems to be a good option to do what i need..

Thx

Matthias

0 Upvotes