APIs & Integrations

ivivona

How to send API emails to Contact List

SOLVE

Hi! I'm trying to send emails to a contact list (a dynamic list) using any API method. Single-send looks like it only accetps one email address. SMTP could be, but I need to specify each email address, right? Or there is a way to indicate the contact list's name as the destination?

The use case is that I need to send an email with some content generated in my system (it can be an email created in Hubspot and filled with custom properties or I can generate the whole email on my side) and then use the contact list living in Hubspot to send the email. I want to trigger the send from my system.

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted solution
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi, @Amigosworld.

Thank you for sharing.

Based on your use case, I do not think HubSpot transactional emails will be a good fit. As I said in my last post, the transactional email add-on is only meant to be used for relationship-based emails, such as commerce receipts, account updates, or terms of service changes. Unfortunately, I can't approve a trial if the emails are to be sales-related.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
9 Replies 9
Jayasri

SOLVE

Is there a solution for the below in Hubspot?

How to send API emails to contact list

0 Upvotes
Amigosworld

SOLVE

Hi there, am new to Hubspot smtp API. want to send an email by suing smtp of hubspot how can i proceed with this. I read the document and i found in 3 ways we can send emails from hubspot. I want to send an email from my application by using hubspot settings. So any suggestions on which method i can use. I thought i can go with SMTP API and not getting how to start this. Can anybody help me out with this.

Thanks in advance.

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi, @Amigosworld.

Sincere apologies for the delayed response.

These three methods require the transactional email add-on, which is not included by default in developer test accounts.

Could you tell me more about the types of emails you wish to send?

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
Amigosworld

SOLVE

Thank you for the respose, i wanted to implement SMTP API but before purchasing wanted to know how it works in practically and how much it will justify my platform, to know all these things is there any developer access like kind of limited access. If i get to know about this feature am ready to buy that feature to know that need some suggesstion and wanted to talk to your sales. I already raised a request on it but didn't get any resposne from your team end. Please help me on this.

Thank you

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi, @Amigosworld.

I may be able to request a developer trial of the transactioal email add-on for you, but I need a bit more information. Can you help me by answering the following?

How are you planning to use the SMTP API? For example, do you plan to send account registration confirmations or terms of service changes?

Please keep in mind that the transactional email add-on is only meant to be used for relationship-based emails, such as commerce receipts, account updates, or terms of service changes. Many, but not all, transactional emails are triggered by an action that is taken by the recipient as noted in the examples. On the other hand, marketing emails are generally more promotional and contain content on blog posts, sales, newsletters, and more. Transactional emails should not market content, as recipients will not be able to opt out.

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
Amigosworld

SOLVE

Hey Thank you so much for response. 

We are looking to automate sales conversations

These are text messages without any graphics like how a sales person would send via outlook.

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi, @Amigosworld.

Thank you for sharing.

Based on your use case, I do not think HubSpot transactional emails will be a good fit. As I said in my last post, the transactional email add-on is only meant to be used for relationship-based emails, such as commerce receipts, account updates, or terms of service changes. Unfortunately, I can't approve a trial if the emails are to be sales-related.

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
Jayasri

SOLVE

Is there a way to send an email using api to a contact list in hubspot?

0 Upvotes
bradmin
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi, @ivivona. People here may be able to answer this, but you'll likely get more relevant and pointed feedback from posting in the developers forum instead. You'll also want to review the Email and Email Events API docs, if you haven't already. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.
0 Upvotes