Email Marketing

KJohnson551

How to input a script into a Hubspot marketing / workflow email

Hi there! I am attempting to access the source code of a Hubspot email so I can modify a script for triggering a Trustpilot review invitation. At a high level within my Hubspot workflow, I send an internal marketing email to my unique Trustpilot address with a JSON snippet with customer information in the script that in turn triggers the Trustpilot invite to that customer. This script is currently running fine, but I want to add some more lines to this snippet and I am currently unable to modify the source code of this email for some reason. All of my emails now have drag-n-drop functionality and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to access the source code of this email. Can anyone point me in the right direrction to modify the source code of a Hubspot email with their new UI? Thanks in advance! 

2 Replies 2
Silveraw
Participant

Most email clients don’t allow scripts to run, for good reason. so in source code you are limited to editing html and css.

A way to do this is build a workflow that asks them to rate your product in the email. If they select 4 or 5 stars send them to a workflow that asks them to leave a review on your chosen platform.
Jnix284
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

Hi @KJohnson551 it sounds like you have a custom coded email template, have you already checked in Marketing > Files and Templates > Design Tools to see if you can find the coded template there?

if it's a newer email with HubL, here's the updated email template documentation

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

0 Upvotes