How to get around Phishing Policies to send Internal Emails

Regular Contributor

Hi Everybody,

I'm trying to make an email that sends as soon as a contact who already is assigned a salesperson downloads a piece of content. I've got the workflow set up and I believe the email is more or less set as well. 

The problem is our IT dept. blocks any other server (HubSpot) from sending emails as our domain to internal addresses (to prevent scams). So I thought no problem we'll just sign up a user with the Gmail account we use for Adwords and use the Gmail to send, we can verify it no problem.

However HubSpot now has policies to help deliverability which won't let you send from freemail accounts so I have all the data ready to send but can't get it out, even as an internal email. 

So the only way I see to do this is sending all the emails through to a Gmail account and then having that forward them back into my system but that's messy and I'd like to keep it in our system and not have to use a pass-through email. 

Any ideas on workarounds would be great.

0 Upvotes
4 Replies
Esteemed Advisor | Diamond Partner

Hi @ConnorS

Hmm, that sounds like a tricky challenge.

So the email you are talking about is an internal one that should go to the assigned contact owner when the contact performs the action, correct?

If so, would creating a CRM task be an alternative? It doesn't require an email but would draw the attention of the rep to the contact.

The only other option I can think of is to convince IT to permit emails from HubSpot - but I'm sure you've already explored that fully. 

Hope this helps.

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.

Phil Vallender

Inbound marketing for B2B technology companies
Diamond HubSpot Partner

Regular Contributor

Yeah @Phil_Vallender you've got it right. I've tried to no avail to get an exception made for HubSpot. We even have to forward out our internal newsletter from Gmail because of it. 

We do have a Gmail account I could send them to and use it as a pass-through but my problem there is (outside of getting another service involved with no support) I'm not sure how else to parse which email goes to who.

Esteemed Advisor | Diamond Partner

Hi @ConnorS

How frustrating.

Did you consider the creating a task option. With the right configuration and notification settings, that should be able to get a rep to look at a contact. 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.

Phil Vallender

Inbound marketing for B2B technology companies
Diamond HubSpot Partner

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@Phil_Vallender I did look at that but right now we're only on Marketing Hub while sales are still in Microsoft CRM so tasks wouldn't work for us (Trying to get them sold on Sales Suite this year to solve these kinds of problems).  

Thanks for the help but it seems we can't implement this with our current set-up without using pass-through emails or something equally sketchy so for right now I guess we'll keep sending out weekly exports manually.