Email Marketing Tool

bbradley
Participant

How do I know that when an email is marked as "delivered" it is going to an inbox or spam box?

SOLVE

How do I know that when an email is marked as "delivered" it is going to an inbox or spam box?

0 Upvotes
3 Accepted solutions
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @bbradley

The "delivered" message is going to be the most information that HubSpot can gather based off of the email. The distinction of which folder the mail goes into is set from within the recipient's email inbox, and therefore it is not something that HubSpot has insight into. HubSpot is responsible for the delivery of the message (ensuring the message arrives in the contact's inbox), and any decisions made after that are outside of HubSpot's scope of information. 

The only exception to this is when you send marketing emails from within HubSpot and the contact marks that particular email as spam from within the email (that will be noted in the recipients tab within the email). 

Jenny

View solution in original post

jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

@vikaskalwani are you referring to marketing emails or sales emails? 

If your questions are specific to how gmail handles email processing and filtering, reaching out to gmail will be your best resource for that. 

If you have any questions related to HubSpot, feel free to share them with the Community.

Thanks, 

Jenny

0 Upvotes
HelenRoss
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

"Suppose, it doesn't land in the spam for my second email, will it also not land in the spam for other people's emails?"

It depends on the particular user's spam settings, as well as any firewalls or filters they use. There are companies whose whole job it is to determine which emails are spam and which are not. 

Your best bet for making sure your emails are delivered is:

1. Make sure the email is relevant to the customer
  2. Use personalisation where possible 
  3. Don't send repeatedly to someone who has a low open rate (Hubspot has a great feature that automatically excludes anyone who hasn't opened the last 10 emails they've been sent. 

4 Replies 4
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @bbradley

The "delivered" message is going to be the most information that HubSpot can gather based off of the email. The distinction of which folder the mail goes into is set from within the recipient's email inbox, and therefore it is not something that HubSpot has insight into. HubSpot is responsible for the delivery of the message (ensuring the message arrives in the contact's inbox), and any decisions made after that are outside of HubSpot's scope of information. 

The only exception to this is when you send marketing emails from within HubSpot and the contact marks that particular email as spam from within the email (that will be noted in the recipients tab within the email). 

Jenny

vikaskalwani
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you for the wonderful info. I've been sending different versions of an email to my other email address just to check whether it lands in the spam or not. Suppose, it doesn't land in the spam for my second email, will it also not land in the spam for other people's emails?

Does gmail consider prior open rates and decides whether the incoming email should go to inbox or to spam? I've noticed this particular case for quite a few brands now. Their emails used to land in my inbox, i didn't open their 2-3 previous emails and so, the next email from them went to spam.

One more. If someone marks your email as "Not a Spam", why does the next email from the same sender goes into the spam again?

0 Upvotes
HelenRoss
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

"Suppose, it doesn't land in the spam for my second email, will it also not land in the spam for other people's emails?"

It depends on the particular user's spam settings, as well as any firewalls or filters they use. There are companies whose whole job it is to determine which emails are spam and which are not. 

Your best bet for making sure your emails are delivered is:

1. Make sure the email is relevant to the customer
  2. Use personalisation where possible 
  3. Don't send repeatedly to someone who has a low open rate (Hubspot has a great feature that automatically excludes anyone who hasn't opened the last 10 emails they've been sent. 

jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

@vikaskalwani are you referring to marketing emails or sales emails? 

If your questions are specific to how gmail handles email processing and filtering, reaching out to gmail will be your best resource for that. 

If you have any questions related to HubSpot, feel free to share them with the Community.

Thanks, 

Jenny

0 Upvotes