Emails not arriving

SOLVE
acw

I have sent a marketing email out (using a hubspot template) and have had at least 4 out of 77 receipients confirm they did not receive the email (despite thhe Hubspot report saying they were all delivered).  I had the " receipients " check their spam and still nothing.. I'm checking with others that I am unsure if received the email (hubspot saying delivered, but not opened).   I know that the ones that opened it have received it.

I have all the settings correct as far as I'm aware for contacts and many others received the email.. any ideas?  I need to be able to trust my emails are arriving.

thanks in advance for any help!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
HubSpot Employee

Hi, acw! 

Great question - A successful delivery event means that HubSpot sent the email and the recipient's server has not bounced it back. In other words, it accepted the mail. What this does not account for is where the email ended up on the recipient's end. There are many factors that contribute to an email not landing in the primary inbox:

• Sender reputation. Recipients often subscribe to spam filters or have security protocols in place that determine how mail is handled after it is delivered. If a sender has a sender reputation that does not meet their thresholds, it is likely the mail will be placed in the spam folder, quarantined, or placed in an alternative inbox. We don't have visibility into where email ends up.
  • Inbox tabs/subfolders. Some ISPs (Gmail, Outlook, etc.) allow its users to sort mail into folders, subfolders, inbox categories, and tabs. I'd recommend that you have your recipients check each of these locations in addition to the spam folder. 

Check out this article about email delivery vs. deliverability. I think you'll find some additional useful information there!

Email Delivery vs. Deliverability: The Basics of Acceptance Rate and Inbox Placement

0 Upvotes
1 Reply
Highlighted
HubSpot Employee

Hi, acw! 

Great question - A successful delivery event means that HubSpot sent the email and the recipient's server has not bounced it back. In other words, it accepted the mail. What this does not account for is where the email ended up on the recipient's end. There are many factors that contribute to an email not landing in the primary inbox:

• Sender reputation. Recipients often subscribe to spam filters or have security protocols in place that determine how mail is handled after it is delivered. If a sender has a sender reputation that does not meet their thresholds, it is likely the mail will be placed in the spam folder, quarantined, or placed in an alternative inbox. We don't have visibility into where email ends up.
  • Inbox tabs/subfolders. Some ISPs (Gmail, Outlook, etc.) allow its users to sort mail into folders, subfolders, inbox categories, and tabs. I'd recommend that you have your recipients check each of these locations in addition to the spam folder. 

Check out this article about email delivery vs. deliverability. I think you'll find some additional useful information there!

Email Delivery vs. Deliverability: The Basics of Acceptance Rate and Inbox Placement

0 Upvotes