Email Marketing Tool

tommifin
Contributor

Email settings and multiple languages

SOLVE

Is there a way to make language-specific versions of the email settings page end users (contacts) see? We are producing email content using multiple languages (4 at the moment) and now we've "solved" the problem by adding each language to each opt-out option on the email settings. This is very messy and not very user-friendly.

EXAMPLES: 

Current solution:
[ ] English term / Spanish term / Language X term

Desired solution:
[ ] Term -> A correct language version would be loaded according to contact field specified.

OR there would be a separate email settings pages for each language which we can edit.

1 Accepted solution
cbsembler
Solution
Academy Team
Academy Team

SOLVE

Hello @tommifin

Currently, our system templates are not able to be created into multi-languages. It is an idea posted here on creating this functionality in HubSpot natively. 

Having different templates for the different languages would be the way to make sure that the language matches the contacts you are trying to reach. 

Please let me know if I can assist in any other ways. This is something that HubSpot is aware of, that multi-language system templates would simplify this process. 

Thank you, 

Courtney Sembler 

Inbound Professor 

Courtney Sembler,
HubSpot Academy

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @tommifin am I correct in understanding that you're looking to localize the email Preferences page that your marketing emails link to? 

Can you confirm if you are using the same template for each email language?

@Phil_Vallender @cbsembler what would you advise r.e. managing localized email campagins and their relevant subscription pages / lists etc. 

0 Upvotes
tommifin
Contributor

SOLVE

Yep, that's correct. I would like to localize the email settings page somehow.

I'm not sure if there are (or if people use) separate email templates for each language. I would imagine there are language specific templates since the generic footer content etc. in the emails should also be localized.

0 Upvotes
cbsembler
Solution
Academy Team
Academy Team

SOLVE

Hello @tommifin

Currently, our system templates are not able to be created into multi-languages. It is an idea posted here on creating this functionality in HubSpot natively. 

Having different templates for the different languages would be the way to make sure that the language matches the contacts you are trying to reach. 

Please let me know if I can assist in any other ways. This is something that HubSpot is aware of, that multi-language system templates would simplify this process. 

Thank you, 

Courtney Sembler 

Inbound Professor 

Courtney Sembler,
HubSpot Academy
Tigran

SOLVE

A related question, if we go with multiple templates for different languages, is there a way to have personalised SENDERs properties in a different language as well. 

Let's say if the template contains SENDER.FIRST_NAME is there a way to have senders first name (maybe as an extra property) to be translated. We do have extra properties with name translation for contacts, but we cant find a way to do it for senders. 

Thanks,

0 Upvotes
EvaCalado
Participant

SOLVE

Hi there, I am having the same problem. But the solutions are different depending on the subscription type you have with HubSpot, right? In my case, the client is on HubSpot Starter and I can't even seem to be able to edit the "Communication Preferences" page, at all! Meaning, I can't even add multiple languages to the same page, like Tom did...

Do you confirm?

Thanks,

Eva

0 Upvotes
tommifin
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi Eva,

This might be the case with the other plamns. We are on the Enterprise plan.

0 Upvotes
tommifin
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks, @cbsembler. I upvoted the idea you linked.

We'll just cope with this for the time being.