Email Marketing Tool

KeyWestScott
Key Advisor

Email Delivery Excessive time to complete

SOLVE

Have noticed this before, but today I kept track of it. 

I scheduled an email to be sent at 10:30am, to approximately 35,000.  It took well over an hour for the whole list to be sent.  About 580 per minute.  While I acknowledge that many others are also using and sending with the system.  Is there not some reasonable time frame that we can expect the system to operate in?

Thanks.

Scott

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
jmclinden
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @KeyWestScott! Thanks for reaching out. There are a variety of factors that can influence the processing/send time of a marketing email in HubSpot after you hit send/reach the scheduled send time, including the time of day, your email's place in the send queue, and size of the recipients list. Mid-morning is generally considered the highest-traffic sending time of day so processing delays of that size are not unexpected around the time of your send. 

Additionally, our send times are largely limited by the recipient email providers - they don't allow unlimited SMTP connections or volume between our MTA and their servers. We try to get them out as fast as possible, but we're only one part of the equation.

I hope this clears things up! Please feel free to reach out with any additional questions.

All the best,

Jake McLinden
Customer Support | Email Deliverability
HubSpot, Inc.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
jmclinden
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @KeyWestScott! Thanks for reaching out. There are a variety of factors that can influence the processing/send time of a marketing email in HubSpot after you hit send/reach the scheduled send time, including the time of day, your email's place in the send queue, and size of the recipients list. Mid-morning is generally considered the highest-traffic sending time of day so processing delays of that size are not unexpected around the time of your send. 

Additionally, our send times are largely limited by the recipient email providers - they don't allow unlimited SMTP connections or volume between our MTA and their servers. We try to get them out as fast as possible, but we're only one part of the equation.

I hope this clears things up! Please feel free to reach out with any additional questions.

All the best,

Jake McLinden
Customer Support | Email Deliverability
HubSpot, Inc.

KeyWestScott
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Thank you very much, it does make sense.  Though not the answer that I was hoping for..  Smiley Happy

Scott

0 Upvotes