Email Marketing Tool

m-axxis
Participant

Delete a rich text element from email editor itself

SOLVE

Hi,

Good morning.

I have a template in which I have 5 rich text elements, however, when I am using it in the email editor then I need just 4. How do I delete one of them without cloning and editing the template every time?

Quick help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Shalini

M-Axxis

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @m-axxis,

If you're using the drag and drop editor, you should be able to delete the module from within the editor interface. If you are using the traditional editor, then you would need to delete the module from the template in order to have it removed from the email.

Thanks,
Jenny

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @m-axxis,

You can edit your email template following the instructions outlined here.

If you're stuck after following those steps, can you share screenshots of what you are seeing or where you're getting stuck? 

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
m-axxis
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks, Jenny for your time.

I think my question language was kind of confusing.

I am able to edit templates. However, I am trying to do something else.

I want to delete a rich text module from email editor itself, not from email template. Every time, I will have a different number of rich text elements in my email so I don't want to clone or edit my email template every time.

Thanks

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @m-axxis,

If you're using the drag and drop editor, you should be able to delete the module from within the editor interface. If you are using the traditional editor, then you would need to delete the module from the template in order to have it removed from the email.

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
Anonymous
Not applicable

SOLVE

Can you clarify by what you mean by "traditional edior"? I only seem to be able to see the single editor.

I have a similar problem. I tried deleting the module from the template but this seems to indicate that updating the template that an email is based on will NOT update current emails. Can you please advise?

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/cos-general/i-updated-a-module-content-on-my-temp...

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

The drag and drop editor is in beta; if you are not seeing it in your portal, that is why. 

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
m-axxis
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks, Jenny.

0 Upvotes