May 4, 2022 9:42 PM
It doesn't matter if you're a growth marketer with a product/sales/marketing-led company, you're probably plagued with chronic campaign underperformance📉.
This disorganization stems from Email marketing 📧 setup. Marketers are in hurry and create/import lists on logical names or sometimes whimsical names.
Usually, you're focused on the origin of the lists📋. However, by naming them on their origin you defeat the purpose of the organization.
It's key to map the lists by their intended goals🥅. It's easy to create target segments if you know the goals of the lists than finding out the origin.
Targeting lists 🎯 by goals is one of the key steps in getting things right. So, if you're a growth team member, here's what you can do
- Rename your lists by their intended goal names or current state e.g prospects ⌨️
- Measure the effectiveness of lists by figuring out CTOR and CTR🧠
- Filter folks who are engaging with your campaigns🎽 into curated lists
- Run custom campaigns on these curated lists with set goals📣
- Win them as customers by being contextual and consistent 🏅
Do you agree?
May 5, 2022 9:38 AM