Email Marketing Tool

lennart_v

Attach personalized document in email

SOLVE

I have an email I would like to send to 100 people. For each of these 100 people I have a personalized pdf document I would like to attach. Is it possible to set up an email so everyone can receive a personalized document? So far I can only include 1 document, but this cannot be personalized.

1 Accepted solution
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Q: I have an email I would like to send to 100 people. For each of these 100 people I have a personalized pdf document I would like to attach. Is it possible to set up an email so everyone can receive a personalized document?

Short A: No and Yes!

Longer A:

Personalizing PDFs is not native HubSpot functionality. However, you may use a LINK to a personalized PDF for each of your email recipients. Obviously, this solution requires that you ...

-1- Produce each personalized PDF outside of HubSpot

-2- Upload to HubSpot (or another suitable link location)

-3- Either store the personalized PDF link in HubSpot's CRM &/or include a reference to each personalized PDF link in yor email.

We've had success using email addresses to uniquely identify PDFs. That way we can use HubSpot personalization tokens to construct file names and eliminate the need to store the PDF link in a custom contact property.

- see https://cdn2.hubspot.net/hubfs/4402709/sample-pdf-email@example.com.pdf

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Q: I have an email I would like to send to 100 people. For each of these 100 people I have a personalized pdf document I would like to attach. Is it possible to set up an email so everyone can receive a personalized document?

Short A: No and Yes!

Longer A:

Personalizing PDFs is not native HubSpot functionality. However, you may use a LINK to a personalized PDF for each of your email recipients. Obviously, this solution requires that you ...

-1- Produce each personalized PDF outside of HubSpot

-2- Upload to HubSpot (or another suitable link location)

-3- Either store the personalized PDF link in HubSpot's CRM &/or include a reference to each personalized PDF link in yor email.

We've had success using email addresses to uniquely identify PDFs. That way we can use HubSpot personalization tokens to construct file names and eliminate the need to store the PDF link in a custom contact property.

- see https://cdn2.hubspot.net/hubfs/4402709/sample-pdf-email@example.com.pdf

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com