Email Marketing Tool

Andreas_P

voucher codes (list) in an email workflow

SOLVE

Dear community,

I have the following task:

A fair in Germany (in this case SPS in Nuremberg) gave me a list of several hundred codes (all unique and only one time usable) in an excel list. Now I would like to set up a simple page on our website where people can enter their name and email adress. After that a workflow should send out a mail with one of the unique codes. In other words, whenever a person asks for a code an "unused" code has to be picked and send to the requester.

Last year it was easier, only one code was valid for all persons.

I can do the whole workflow more or less by hand but then I asked myself ... why shouldn't my marketing automation tool do the job.

I looked in in the community areas but I only found threads regarding automatic generated numbers (I need a kind of pick list) and an idea, so I guess my topic is not that easy to solve, but who knows.

Thanks in advance

Andreas Paasch

1 Accepted solution
Andreas_P
Solution

SOLVE

Hi Sophia,

unfortunately there was no automated solution available at that time (maybe now?). I bet that there would be at least a "coded" solution but none out of the box.

We ended up by a manual execution. Hubspot generated a "thank you" mail for the customer and another one for a colleague in the back office. The colleague had a template in Outlook where he simply copied in the email and a code out of an excel list (the list we got from the fair). 

It was not that much effort because we prepared everything for the colleague but from the point of automation it would be a big help to have a [placeholder] in automated mailings where I can pick items from a stack (list). There are other scenarios where I would use that.

Have a good weekend

Andreas

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
SophiAP
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Andreas,

did you find a solution for this? I am planning the same thing and do not know how to solve this with HubSpot yet.

Kind regards,

Sophia

0 Upvotes
Andreas_P
Solution

SOLVE

Hi Sophia,

unfortunately there was no automated solution available at that time (maybe now?). I bet that there would be at least a "coded" solution but none out of the box.

We ended up by a manual execution. Hubspot generated a "thank you" mail for the customer and another one for a colleague in the back office. The colleague had a template in Outlook where he simply copied in the email and a code out of an excel list (the list we got from the fair). 

It was not that much effort because we prepared everything for the colleague but from the point of automation it would be a big help to have a [placeholder] in automated mailings where I can pick items from a stack (list). There are other scenarios where I would use that.

Have a good weekend

Andreas

SophiAP
Participant

SOLVE

Vielen Dank!

Not the answer I was hoping for though Smiley Wink Thanks for sharing your manual process.

It would be very practical to have such a feature in an automated mailing tool!

Have a great weekend,

Sophia

0 Upvotes
Josh
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Andreas_P,

Can you confirm that the codes you're referring to are just a pool of various codes, not assigned to the specific email addresses? Or is it the latter; you have a list of email addresses all with a correlating code? 

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

0 Upvotes
Andreas_P

SOLVE

Hi @Josh ,

I can confirm that the list is a csv-list of urls and codes. The urls reffer directly to a page and "prefill" a field from the fair with the code, so the customer only need to fill aut Name, company etc. The codes are (I guess) totally random.

Ideally I can simply insert automatted the url as a hyperlink or as text. If that fails, also the code is possible. Then I have to insert a fixed link and ask the customer to enter the code.

The list looks like this:

URL1      Code1

URL2      Code2

Here is an example of URL/Code. The regcode is random and the appevent is alsways the same (I guess Company and fair is encrypted in that)

URL

https://visitortickets.mesago.com/ticket/de/index.html?_regcode=5556083775862&_appevent=123123123123

Code

0 Upvotes