Email Marketing Tool

DanielTerrazas
Participant

problems with contacts with low interaction

SOLVE

Hi good day

I have problems with contacts with low interaction.

I explain in more detail

A contact was created on June 17, 2021 at 8:37 P.M. Through a Facebook ads campaign, and immediately a workflow sent him a welcome email at 8:38 P.M., however Hubspot did not deliver it, mentioning the following:

This email was not sent to this contact.
The recipient was removed due to low engagement. More information.

My question is how can hubspot mark it as a low engagement contact if the contact has just been created the same day.

He is not the only contact with whom he has done this because there are several with the same situation

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
DeliveryByJess
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hello @DanielTerrazas ,

HubSpot retains engagement data on the back end of the platform for contacts.  If a contact is deleted and later re-added to your account through import, form submisson or another form of conversion, the contact's hisorical engagment data will be applied to the contact for graymail suppression, but you won't see the previous engagements on the contact's timeline prior to deletion.  Is is possible these contacts who are immediately being added to the disengaged list were in your account and once deleted?

If you don't think the contacts were previously deleted and re-added, I would suggest opening a ticket with HubSpot Support with some sample contacts so they can look into the contact's past email history fully. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
DanielTerrazas
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you very much for the answer @DeliveryByJess I am going to ask about what you tell me, apparently some contacts have been deleted. I appreciate your answer very much.

0 Upvotes
DeliveryByJess
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hello @DanielTerrazas ,

HubSpot retains engagement data on the back end of the platform for contacts.  If a contact is deleted and later re-added to your account through import, form submisson or another form of conversion, the contact's hisorical engagment data will be applied to the contact for graymail suppression, but you won't see the previous engagements on the contact's timeline prior to deletion.  Is is possible these contacts who are immediately being added to the disengaged list were in your account and once deleted?

If you don't think the contacts were previously deleted and re-added, I would suggest opening a ticket with HubSpot Support with some sample contacts so they can look into the contact's past email history fully. 

DanielTerrazas
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @Josh 

Good morning, the email have the option not to send to contacts without interaction checked, I'll see what happens if I uncheck it.

The weird thing is that there is an active list that has these parameters:

The criteria in this list cannot be edited. This list was created by a HubSpot tool or integration. (i dont know if this was created by a integration or using Hubspot, y only have 2 weeks in my new job)

Sends since last interaction is greater than or equal to 11
Y
Open marketing emails equals 0

OR
Sends since last interaction is greater than or equal to 11
Y
The Open Marketing Emails value is unknown

OR
Sends since last interaction is greater than or equal to 16

And immediately these users are also put here, although I really don't know why since they don't meet these criteria.

0 Upvotes
Josh
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @DanielTerrazas,

On the send settings for this email, do you have the box checked for "Don't send to unengaged contacts?" I would likely leave this unchecked for this type of follow-up workflow. 

I know this doesn't answer your specific question as to why HubSpot would consider them unengaged if they were just added to your database. @ConnorSlivensky  - I have not experienced this specific situation before. 

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

DanielTerrazas
Participant

SOLVE

Good day
None of the users have anything in common, some present the problem coming from organic traffic and others from ads on Facebook, however hubspot immediately places them as users with low interaction

0 Upvotes
ConnorSlivensky
Key Advisor | Elite Partner
Key Advisor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Interesting. Is there any common link between the affected contacts? In your email settings, you can check a box to exclude low engagement contacts so that's where that behavior is stemming from but I'm not sure why it would flag new contacts who don't have a send on their record. Ever seen this @Josh or @Phil_Vallender ?