Email Marketing Tool

KSorensen1
メンバー

prevent downloading of images in emails

Hi all,

Just starting to build and send emails. when I tested a send I noticed that the images (all) displayed a download button. I would like to know how to turn that off.

7件の返信
MDiamond1
メンバー

I am having the same issue. When I send a test of the email, it says right click to download content. I want the viewer to see the image when they open the email. Can anyone help?

0 いいね!
DianaGomez
コミュニティーマネージャー
コミュニティーマネージャー

Hi @MDiamond1, hope you are doing well 🙂

I understand that some email images do not show up in all emails, correct?

In this case, I dove straight into this one on my side and found the following:

• Have you tested the email within another email provider like Gmail?
  • The reason why I ask is because - when an email is sent from HS servers - it is no longer controlled by HubSpot.
  • If the emails images are present within the email editor but are not pulling through via the test email or official email within your email inbox, this would point to an issue with your inbox provider.
  • This can be a security measure in place that is preventing images from pulling through automatically, OR the images cannot render with Outlook.
  • This outcome is a frequent outcome, and we have a document on this here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email/why-do-emails-look-different-in-outlook
  • The reason why it is frequent is that Outlook/Office 365 renders its emails differently than online email providers like Gmail.
  • As the online email providers are constantly updating the way they are rendering the emails that they receive and are transparent about how they do so - it is easy for HubSpot (and every other marketing email service) to update to allow images to render successfully.
  • However, Outlook updates its rendering system sporadically and uses Microsoft Word to render its images and text - this makes it very difficult for marketing email services (like HubSpot) to update and allow images to render successfully.
  • And so this may be the reason for this outcome & outside the steps in the article above, we would not have the control to prevent the images from not pulling through.

Hope this helps clarify, 

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

VCollins8
メンバー

Did anyone get an answer to this? I am still having an issue.

0 いいね!
SAhmed10
メンバー

I'm having the same issue and I did not notice this before.  I did you find a solution to this?  I also just added a link to our website just to get rid of the downlad.  Would love to know how you fixed this as HS help is not available today.

0 いいね!
markslatin
メンバー

Did you ever get an answer on this?

0 いいね!
DavidDennison
キーアドバイザー

Would you be able to provide a screenshot by any chance?

David Dennison

Search Engine Optimization

and Content Marketing Expert

mobilePhone
702-556-5062
emailAddress
david@daviddennison.com
website
https://daviddennison.com
KSorensen1
メンバー

I've attached a screenshot of the linkand cue that comes up on hover.

My current work around is to create a link to my webpage for each image. A bit clumsy but it eliminates the button and cue.

KSorensen1_0-1632326755794.png

0 いいね!