Email Marketing Tool

MvanBruggen
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

opted out of all email communication : recommended or obliged?

lösung

Hi,

I'm struggling understanding the best way to use opt-in/out and read a lot of articles on this. 

In the end, I think that it's a bit overdone to have a 'opted out of all email' on top off all the opt-outs for different email types.

I mean: if someone uses the email preferences page, and he just ticks 'unsubscribe of all email communication', but leaves other options checked (e.g. an important newsletter sent when there is a security issue with his software). Isn't it a bit confusing to have such an 'overruling' option like 'opted out of all email'? 

Is it possible to omit this option and just let him/her check/uncheck the 4 (only 4 in our case) emailtypes?

0 Upvotes
1 Akzeptierte Lösung
Aseemgupta
Lösung
Mitglied | Platinum Partner

lösung

Hi @MvanBruggen,

If we are using HubSpot Subscription types to manage the preferences. Email recipient either select one or more options or unsubscribes from all types of communication. While unsubscribing from all, HubSpot automatically disables other options meaning other options will get unchecked automatically. Therefore, Opted out of all communication is obliged.

Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

If this post solves your question, please mark this post as solution.

Thanks,

Aseem

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

1 Antwort
Aseemgupta
Lösung

lösung

Hi @MvanBruggen,

If we are using HubSpot Subscription types to manage the preferences. Email recipient either select one or more options or unsubscribes from all types of communication. While unsubscribing from all, HubSpot automatically disables other options meaning other options will get unchecked automatically. Therefore, Opted out of all communication is obliged.

Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

If this post solves your question, please mark this post as solution.

Thanks,

Aseem