Email Marketing Tool

MDepartment

mobile link in email showing cached webpage.

I ran into an issue with a link in an email built with the drag and drop. I have a button at the bottom of the email to a page on our website. The full link is in the box at the left and I tested on a desktop. At the time that I created the email we had a global banner at the top of our website. It had been removed at the end of the month. The email went out a few days later. When viewed on a desktop, the email is fine and the link is fine. All good. When viewed on a mobile device, the link takes you to a cached page where the global banner was. Same URL link. I did pull the link before the banner was down, but I would not think that would matter. The link would not have changed. Is this a cacheing issue or something else I need to look for.  LInk from mobile appeared with banners in both mail and outlook on iphone.  Desktop versions did not show the web banner and were correct. 

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

mobile link in email showing cached webpage.

Hi @MDepartment ,

Without seeing the email it is not possible to ascertain what has happened here.

It is possible that the mobile version is showing a cached version on the user's phone, because you have that page cached in your mobile browser?

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards.

0 Upvotes