Email Marketing Tool

cgspouse93
Membro

inserting gifs in email

resolver

I am trying to insert gifs from giphy.com into my email.  It has been two days of trying to do this and I am getting nowhere.  There has to be an easy way to do this.  There doesn't seem to be any add image button or something of that nature to help with this.

2 Solução aceitas
AdamLPW
Solução
Conselheiro(a) de destaque

inserting gifs in email

resolver

Hi @cgspouse93,

Are you posting on the correct board?  This is for the email marketing tool - i.e. select Marketing at the top of HubSpot, then Email and create a mass email.

To include a .gif image in a marketing email couldn't be simpler, just:

1. add a column to your email
  2. from the Content tab on the left, drag an Image container into the column.
  3. click the "Upload" button
  4. choose a .gif image from your computer

If you're talking about Sales Email (i.e. emailing from e.g. a Contact/Company record), there's an Insert Image button at the bottom of the email editor:

Annotation 2020-07-24 093643.png

Just tested adding a .gif via both methods, and works for me.

Hope this helps, if not just let me know and I'll be happy to assist further.  

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
"The rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this experience... now!"

Exibir solução no post original

dianalcont
Solução
Top colaborador(a) | Parceiro Diamante

inserting gifs in email

resolver

Hi @cgspouse93 

If you try to embed the gif using the embed code that giphy provides - it won't work. The embed code uses an iframe and most email clients block iframes so what you'll see is a blank section of your email with a "via GIPHY" link.

However, you have the option as @AdamLPW mentioned, to upload the gif to your files and use it in both sales and marketing emails.

To save a gif from giphy right-click on the gif and choose to save image as GIF image file format. Upload to your HubSpot and voilà - gifs galore in your emails!

Hope that clears up the challenge you were experiencing!

Best,

Diana

Did this post help solve your problem? Help the community and mark it as a solution.
Diana Contreras
Helping B2Bs grow faster with a systematic inbound marketing framework.
HubSpot Diamond Partner BadgeA Diamond Solutions Partner
Book 30 Minutes with Diana »

Exibir solução no post original

3 Respostas 3
dianalcont
Solução

inserting gifs in email

resolver

Hi @cgspouse93 

If you try to embed the gif using the embed code that giphy provides - it won't work. The embed code uses an iframe and most email clients block iframes so what you'll see is a blank section of your email with a "via GIPHY" link.

However, you have the option as @AdamLPW mentioned, to upload the gif to your files and use it in both sales and marketing emails.

To save a gif from giphy right-click on the gif and choose to save image as GIF image file format. Upload to your HubSpot and voilà - gifs galore in your emails!

Hope that clears up the challenge you were experiencing!

Best,

Diana

Did this post help solve your problem? Help the community and mark it as a solution.
Diana Contreras
dianalcont

inserting gifs in email

resolver

@cgspouse93 I had another thought on what you might be experiencing:

If you are using the drag and drop editor instead of the classic editor on marketing emails you won't see the option to "add image" in the text module. I've noticed that about the drag and drop editor - which is really frustrating and why I prefer the classic editor (this might not be an option outside of custom templates or clones of emails made in the classic editor).

You'll have to add an image module in order to add your gif from your files.

If you wanted that gif between two pieces of text you'll have to break up the text in two separate modules. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ hoping it's something HubSpot considers updating in another iteration of the drag and drop editor.

Best,

Diana

Diana Contreras
AdamLPW
Solução
Conselheiro(a) de destaque

inserting gifs in email

resolver

Hi @cgspouse93,

Are you posting on the correct board?  This is for the email marketing tool - i.e. select Marketing at the top of HubSpot, then Email and create a mass email.

To include a .gif image in a marketing email couldn't be simpler, just:

1. add a column to your email
  2. from the Content tab on the left, drag an Image container into the column.
  3. click the "Upload" button
  4. choose a .gif image from your computer

If you're talking about Sales Email (i.e. emailing from e.g. a Contact/Company record), there's an Insert Image button at the bottom of the email editor:

Annotation 2020-07-24 093643.png

Just tested adding a .gif via both methods, and works for me.

Hope this helps, if not just let me know and I'll be happy to assist further.  

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
"The rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this experience... now!"