Email Marketing Tool

TomMonaghan
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

iOS 15 - let’s talk about it

SOLVE

Hey folks,

So the iOS 15 changes are out in the wild and I thought it was best to start a fresh thread to give everyone a place to ask questions, help each other, and share their experiences.

Thanks,

Tom Monaghan

Director of Product for Email

1 Accepted solution
danmoyle
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Thanks for sharing that resource, @BérangèreL 😊

@CHeckel welcome to the Community! I didn't see any new update, but I'm continuing to encourage clients to find other metrics to measure. Clicks, replies, meetings... more meaningful and measurable than just opens. 

Hope you find a solution! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/

View solution in original post

91 Replies 91
RWaldrip
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Tom - thank you for your response-- wanted to specifically ask about the portion quoted below about the bot 'clicks'-- is there any way to filter this false behavior in addition to the false opens behavior to keep it from muddying the data? We've found a lot of contacts recently that seem to be 'highly engaged' - clicking content in our emails, 'visiting the site', etc. that we suspect is just bot security link checks. What's the best way to deal with this in addition to the false opens? Appreciate the active participation in the HS community on this!

@TomMonaghan wrote:

A little bit about Bot Filtering.

There are security vendors who primarily play in the enterprise space that have been doing this “open every email and click every link” thing for a while now.  In fact, we’ve had an option to filter these so called “Bot Opens” in your portal’s settings since 2017 and it’s been defaulted to on for as long as I’ve known (see: Tracking & Analytics > Advanced Tracking and find the checkbox for “Bot filtering”).

0 Upvotes
KMcAfee

SOLVE

Is someone from HubSpot going to respond about this concern? @TomMonaghan 

Lmiahhh
Participant

SOLVE

Could HubSpot potentially filter data by email client? I feel like that would be our best bet initially to help filter out some of the false positives. For example, look at email open rates for Apple Mail pre and post update and compare them. Also, if a user becomes engaged for the first time in a long time, but uses Apple Mail, maybe designate that somehow. Just some of my thoughts!

webmikepdx
Participant

SOLVE

In addition to filters like "Email open was last using Apple Mail", or "Contact has ever opened with Apple Mail" etc., Hubspot could also work in the way the way Refine by Date is included in some filters.

MMArketing5
Participant

SOLVE

@Lmiahhh This will not work because you can have an IPhone and connect your Gmail account, etc and it will count as an apple client. It will affect every client including yahoo, outlook, Gmail. 

BMulder
Participant

SOLVE

Agreed! Would love for there to be a contact property that indicates the email client most recently used by a contact

TerryB
Contributor

SOLVE

@TomMonaghan please can Hubspot consider @KMcAfee's question and advise us what the plans are around unengaged contacts.

Like many others who have upvoted @KMcAfee's message this is going to start impacting serveral businesses that use Hubspot.

elanashama
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Thank you @dschwarz for the amazing post and all the info. Was really awesome. 

@KMcAfee , was wondering the exact same thing regarding unengaged contacts.

Any ideas/suggestions on how to tackle this?