Email Marketing Tool

MEceiza

emails going to the spam box

SOLVE

I've been using hubspot for a few months and the truth is that it was very good, until about a week ago the incoming emails went to the spam folder. Emails from new contacts go into the inbox just fine, but emails from existing contacts go to the spam folder.

I hope someone can help me to solve the problem.

Thank you very much.

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
CHansen7
Solution
Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hello MEceiza,

Here are some ideas for your emails. Emails have a higher likelihood of not going into spam if there is an "Unsubscribe" option in the email. HubSpot helps make this possible. If you navigate to your settings by clicking the gear icon, then on the left side of the screen click General, then at the top select the email tab, partway down the screen is a Configure section. When an email is connected to HubSpot this section is available. This section has a check box to "Include unsubscribe link". Making sure this box is checked is helpful.

HubSpot does allow variations of an "Unsubscribe" link. In the Configure section, next to the text "Include unsubscribe link" is some blue text, "Edit link text" if you click on that text, a box pops up. There are 3 selectable options.

1. "Is this email not relevant to you? Click here"
  2. "To stop receiving these emails, click here"
  3. "Prefer fewer emails from me? Click here"

You can select the option that best fits your needs. The 3rd option is the preferred method we use at the company I am working for. Here are some screenshots of these processes.Email Unsubscribe Configure Group.pngEmail Unsubscribe.png

Another idea for your emails is to look into email blocklists. Sometimes companies or individuals are put on a list where emails get sent to spam if certain criteria are met. Here is a blog post that talks about this. It provides more information about blocklists, how to stay off them, and how to get off.

How to Get Off an Email Blocklist (By Avoiding It In The First Place)

I hope this has been helpful.

linkedin

Carson Hansen

Pearagon

Was I able to help answer your question? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

www.pearagon.com

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MEceiza,

Are you referring to a conversations inbox in HubSpot where you are receiving emails from your contacts?

There are specific settings and rule for which emails land in the spam folder of a conversations inbox, you can review them under Settings > Inbox > Allow & Deny list.

HubSpot will automatically mark contacts as spam, by default, when the following things are true:

karstenkoehler_0-1649393258413.png

In the next couple of days, try to uncheck one of these boxes (and only one) each day and see if the issue persists. This will narrow down what the root of the problem could be. Once you've identified the issue, a solution might become apparent.

Or are you referring to your marketing emails landing in the spam folder of your marketing email recipients? If so, I have the following tips for you.

This is a common problem, unfortunately. Email service providers want to protect their own users. Could you confirm that you have connected your email sending domain and set up email authentification (SPF, DMARC)? Both are considered best practice and should help with your email deliverability and would be the first steps towards better deliverability.

In general, similar to SEO, you want to try to pass on as many positive signals about your content as possible. The eventual decision what to do with that content rests with the service provider. With that in mind, here is a list of things that I'd recommend reviewing:

Connect your email sending domain

Use a DMARC policy with HubSpot

Only email contacts who for whom you have a legal basis to communicate

Validate emails before sending to avoid hard bounces at all costs (e.g. Neverbounce, Zerobounce)

Remove unengaged contacts from list regularly for higher engagement rates

Avoid as many spam trigger words as possible

Test the spammyness of your email

Katie Burke wrote an excellent email deliverability listicle and Natsumi Mori also compiled a lot of great resources here. I highly recommend you check out both. Over time, email service providers should recognize you as a trustworthy sender. The issue could be that in the past, some recipients have already marked your emails as spam or that email service providers noticed high bounce rates from you.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MEceiza,

Are you referring to a conversations inbox in HubSpot where you are receiving emails from your contacts?

There are specific settings and rule for which emails land in the spam folder of a conversations inbox, you can review them under Settings > Inbox > Allow & Deny list.

HubSpot will automatically mark contacts as spam, by default, when the following things are true:

karstenkoehler_0-1649393258413.png

In the next couple of days, try to uncheck one of these boxes (and only one) each day and see if the issue persists. This will narrow down what the root of the problem could be. Once you've identified the issue, a solution might become apparent.

Or are you referring to your marketing emails landing in the spam folder of your marketing email recipients? If so, I have the following tips for you.

This is a common problem, unfortunately. Email service providers want to protect their own users. Could you confirm that you have connected your email sending domain and set up email authentification (SPF, DMARC)? Both are considered best practice and should help with your email deliverability and would be the first steps towards better deliverability.

In general, similar to SEO, you want to try to pass on as many positive signals about your content as possible. The eventual decision what to do with that content rests with the service provider. With that in mind, here is a list of things that I'd recommend reviewing:

Connect your email sending domain

Use a DMARC policy with HubSpot

Only email contacts who for whom you have a legal basis to communicate

Validate emails before sending to avoid hard bounces at all costs (e.g. Neverbounce, Zerobounce)

Remove unengaged contacts from list regularly for higher engagement rates

Avoid as many spam trigger words as possible

Test the spammyness of your email

Katie Burke wrote an excellent email deliverability listicle and Natsumi Mori also compiled a lot of great resources here. I highly recommend you check out both. Over time, email service providers should recognize you as a trustworthy sender. The issue could be that in the past, some recipients have already marked your emails as spam or that email service providers noticed high bounce rates from you.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

CHansen7
Solution

SOLVE

Hello MEceiza,

Here are some ideas for your emails. Emails have a higher likelihood of not going into spam if there is an "Unsubscribe" option in the email. HubSpot helps make this possible. If you navigate to your settings by clicking the gear icon, then on the left side of the screen click General, then at the top select the email tab, partway down the screen is a Configure section. When an email is connected to HubSpot this section is available. This section has a check box to "Include unsubscribe link". Making sure this box is checked is helpful.

HubSpot does allow variations of an "Unsubscribe" link. In the Configure section, next to the text "Include unsubscribe link" is some blue text, "Edit link text" if you click on that text, a box pops up. There are 3 selectable options.

1. "Is this email not relevant to you? Click here"
  2. "To stop receiving these emails, click here"
  3. "Prefer fewer emails from me? Click here"

You can select the option that best fits your needs. The 3rd option is the preferred method we use at the company I am working for. Here are some screenshots of these processes.Email Unsubscribe Configure Group.pngEmail Unsubscribe.png

Another idea for your emails is to look into email blocklists. Sometimes companies or individuals are put on a list where emails get sent to spam if certain criteria are met. Here is a blog post that talks about this. It provides more information about blocklists, how to stay off them, and how to get off.

How to Get Off an Email Blocklist (By Avoiding It In The First Place)

I hope this has been helpful.

linkedin

Carson Hansen

Pearagon

Was I able to help answer your question? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

www.pearagon.com