Email Marketing Tool

JAitchison

email between hubspot users marked as unassigned

SOLVE

I have an urgent matter. A user sent a message from her Google attached account to another user with a Google attached account. The email was marked as a "new unassigned email conversation" and ALL of our team (also with Hubspot accounts) received this email. 

I am unable to find a way to stop it. There are many emails that have the same thing happening. 

Can you help?

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
franksteiner79
Solution
Guide

SOLVE

Hi @JAitchison 

To the best of my knowledge, the only way for an email to end up in the conversations inbox is if the recpient email/inbox has been connected to the conversations inbox or if a recipient forwards emails to an email address that is connected to the conversations inbox. Have you checked the connected channels for the inbox in which those emails appear?

Best wishes

Frank

Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.

Frank Steiner

Marketeer | HubSpot Expert | CRM Consultant

InboundPro

Let's Talk About Your Project

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JAitchison,

Users can disable these kinds of notifications under Settings > Notifications, searching for 'unassigned' and unchecking this box:

karstenkoehler_0-1669619336147.png

If you're on a Professional subscription, you can do this centrally for all users. Below a Professional subscription, each user must make this change themselves.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JAitchison,

Users can disable these kinds of notifications under Settings > Notifications, searching for 'unassigned' and unchecking this box:

karstenkoehler_0-1669619336147.png

If you're on a Professional subscription, you can do this centrally for all users. Below a Professional subscription, each user must make this change themselves.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

JAitchison

SOLVE

Hi Karsten, 

Maybe I am just setting things up incorrectly. We have clients in our CRM. I connected our gmail accounts with our own domain to the Hubspot service and have our users communicate with clients via hubspot connected gmail and hubspot.  

Everything was working fine.

Then, I had a couple of my peeps move on so I disabled their accounts. 

We also had an API integration that we stopped using.

Those were the two big changes. This is what appears when I open conversations/inbox.

Lots of unassigned conversations between known clients and known team members... that just started happening.

Additionally, SPAM shows a whole lot of messages from no-reply@ourdomain.com. 

And, I get a copy of every message sent being resent by the above address.

Thoughts?

Hubspot issue.png

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JAitchison,

A lot of moving parts and changes, indeed. Can you answer the below questions? That would help with me assisting you.

What exactly was the integration via API doing?

What HubSpot subscription level are you on?

How are your company emails hosted? (Office 365, Gmail...)?

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
JAitchison

SOLVE

Woah! You're quick! I think I have it figured out based on what Frank added to your initial email. Thank you both!  I had turned on conversations for my own inbox making it available to everyone. I now realize it's for email boxes like "sales@" or "orders@"... I just ran a couple of tests... I think it's resolved.

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Glad to hear, @JAitchison.

If the replies from @franksteiner79 and myself helped you solve the issue, you can help other community members solve similar issue by accepting our replies as solution 🙂

Have a great day!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
franksteiner79
Solution
Guide

SOLVE

Hi @JAitchison 

To the best of my knowledge, the only way for an email to end up in the conversations inbox is if the recpient email/inbox has been connected to the conversations inbox or if a recipient forwards emails to an email address that is connected to the conversations inbox. Have you checked the connected channels for the inbox in which those emails appear?

Best wishes

Frank

Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.

Frank Steiner

InboundPro

JAitchison

SOLVE

Hi Frank, 

See above... but can you help me understand the difference between the conversation inbox and a regular inbox? I've missed something.

0 Upvotes
JAitchison

SOLVE

It's fixed! Thanks - your note helped me dig deeper and I know understand the platform better. Appreciated.

franksteiner79
Guide

SOLVE

Hi @JAitchison 

Glad to hear, the personal inbox and conversation inbox, can be a bit confusing at the beginning. Good luck on your HubSpot journey. If you need anything else, do let me know.

Cheers

Frank

Frank Steiner

InboundPro