Email Marketing Tool

blakmk

auto log on by default

SOLVE

Hi

I use the hubspot plugin in gmail but it seems to want to automatically log and track all my emails. How do i turn this off?

https://cl.ly/1M122v1I0c19

1 Accepted solution
BeccaArmistead
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

auto log on by default

SOLVE

Hi Community!

This default changed over the weekend from being a "sticky" setting, meaning it saved your previous selection to being selected by default.  The product team has now changed the setting back to it's previous behavior so it is again "sticky".

View solution in original post

32 Replies 32
TedHewett

auto log on by default

SOLVE

Hey guys,

I seem to have this problem today - it's changed and for some reason is no longer "sticky" - is there a way to disable the auto logging feature through a settings menu?

Cheers

0 Upvotes
ftarara
Contributor

auto log on by default

SOLVE

Check out the settings here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/hubspot-sales-chrome-extension-user-guide/customize-your-hubspot-sales...

These options seem to have changed recently, so the tutorial might not be 100% accurate or up to date. Best of luck, this is what mine looks like today:

Capture.JPG

ftarara
Contributor

auto log on by default

SOLVE

Looks like the plugin has been upgraded, is everyone aware of that?!?!

Capture.JPG

lmilliken
Participant

auto log on by default

SOLVE

Following up on this: is there a way to have the log box unchecked by default? So that users have to click log everytime they want to log an email.  Sticky is an improvement but we are worried that users will forget to toggle it off after they've toggled it on.

ftarara
Contributor

auto log on by default

SOLVE

I am for more options here as well. I can see how some companies may want to log everything, but I would think most would not. So some more functionality or settings revolving around these options would be great!

Archello

auto log on by default

SOLVE

Dear Hubspot,

Please let me choose my default settings instead of every time with every mail being confronted by the default settings you are making for me

dhavalbhatt

auto log on by default

SOLVE

SOLUTION:

Uninstall and reinstall your chrome plugin. It will go back to default "unchecked" for log.

shiller
Participant | Partner
Participant | Partner

auto log on by default

SOLVE

Worked like a charm

• Right click on extension
  • Select Remove from Chrome
  • Log out of Gmail
  • Reinstall extension

What a pain though.

0 Upvotes
BeccaArmistead
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

auto log on by default

SOLVE

Hi Community!

This default changed over the weekend from being a "sticky" setting, meaning it saved your previous selection to being selected by default.  The product team has now changed the setting back to it's previous behavior so it is again "sticky".

sellerdoer
Participant

auto log on by default

SOLVE

The "sticky" setting is not working for me and I followed all the tips in this thread. 

johnk

auto log on by default

SOLVE

Hello,

We are having problems with the log and track features staying on even though we uncheck the box, I thought this was supposed to be a sticky setting? 

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the extension to no avail.

hubspotross
Participant

auto log on by default

SOLVE

Becca- 

It would be nice to add domain fencing to this feature so that people can automatically exclude their company's internal domain, plus personal email domains like gmail, etc.  

Thanks for the support.

Ross

vmcgee
Contributor | Diamond Partner
Contributor | Diamond Partner

auto log on by default

SOLVE

I'm currently having issues with Outlook emails auto "Log to CRM". I turned it off yesterday through the HubSpot OutLook extension and when I rebooted my PC it was back. There should be a setting under Sales/Settings/Sales/BCC & Forwarding to turn it off versus relying on Outlook or Gmail extension.  

Regards,
Vickie McGee
Founder & CEO
Transitional Marketing
HubSpot Solutions Partner
Wordna
Top Contributor

auto log on by default

SOLVE

Using my previous selection is definitely better than defaulting to selected.  It would be significantly better, however, if we could select our default (especially per connected inbox) since some inboxes are primarily used for personal emails and therefore should likely have default as unselected.

0 Upvotes
rickmaher

auto log on by default

SOLVE

Need a solution to this annoyance. Or let us know that this will be the default and not configurable so that I can uninstall / find another solution.

0 Upvotes
ftarara
Contributor

auto log on by default

SOLVE

Has everyone tried reinstalling the plugin/extension in Chrome yet? I just had another person on my team who got logged out of gmail (G Suite) and when they came back the issue was gone. Recommened reinstalling plugin, logging in/out of HubSpot & Gmail and see if that does the trick!

0 Upvotes
joelsprechman
Participant

auto log on by default

SOLVE

Support, I am still experiencing this issue, has it been solved for others? What is the solution. Thanks

0 Upvotes
ftarara
Contributor

auto log on by default

SOLVE

Am I seeing that this is resolved?!?! I did a reinstall of the Chrome extension and I don't seem to have this issue anymore. Can someone from HubSpot confirm if this was resolved or not?

0 Upvotes
markhineshomes
Participant

auto log on by default

SOLVE

Worked for me, too!

0 Upvotes
Davegainford

auto log on by default

SOLVE

Yes this worked for me too

0 Upvotes