Email Marketing Tool

ChrisfromISB
Participant

allowlisting: Find Outbound Header for Message Marked As Spam

SOLVE

A local institution is bouncing our inbound emails with the following error:

Rejected by recipient's email security filter

SPAM smtp; 554 rejected due to spam URL in content

If this is a mistake please have the recipient's IT team make an exception by allowlisting

How do I find the necessary information in order to ask them to allowlist us?

I provided the complete message header from a succesful inbox, but they advise that: 

"Hello 
I have checked our anti-spam appliances for any blocked messages with  "hubspotfree.net" and "*******.com".  We found no messages with your domain plus hubspotfree.
Please provide the complete bounce-back error message.
Thank you"

What else can I offer them as a method of allowlisting us?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ChrisfromISB,

I'm not aware of a more detailed log that you could export from HubSpot that would provide more information than you already have. If the IT team decides they don't want to allowlist these IPs, that's where you'll stay stuck, unfortunately.

This is unfortunately an issue on the receiving end and there's little that you can do except upgrading to a paid license and connecting your own email sending domain.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ChrisfromISB,

This article has instructions on how to find and share the IPs for allowlisting: Add marketing email sending IP addresses to an allowlist

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
ChrisfromISB
Participant

SOLVE
The recipient institution is still making a determination whether they will allowlist and at the same time they cannot see our bounced pieces in their mailboxes. What information can I provide them that will help with locating our mail pieces?
0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ChrisfromISB,

I'm not aware of a more detailed log that you could export from HubSpot that would provide more information than you already have. If the IT team decides they don't want to allowlist these IPs, that's where you'll stay stuck, unfortunately.

This is unfortunately an issue on the receiving end and there's little that you can do except upgrading to a paid license and connecting your own email sending domain.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler