Email Marketing Tool

FranckS
Participant

Zimbra and default mail template problem.

SOLVE

Hello all,

Some customers warn us that the mails we are sending them are wrong displayed in their internet mail client which is Zimbra. Even by using a Hubspot default template, there is a some code that is displayed in the body of the email and it shouldn't (see screenshot). Has someone got the same problem and find a solution to resolve this ?  

Thanks!Screenshot 2023-01-13 at 10.23.40.png

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
LMeert
Solution
Guide | Platinum Partner
Guide | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MiaSrebrnjak@FranckS,

Email design is a very special beast that is not easily tackled since all email clients read the html files differently. There are indeed email design best practices and HubSpot does a pretty good job at including them by default in the drag & drop editor templates.

The error code that you see is used to properly render content on Microsoft email clients (here it says if the email client is not outlook).

I'm pretty sure by trial and error we could find a way to prevent this display on Zimbra but there's not much you can do here as you don't have access to the drag & drop email template code.

The only solution I see is to not use the drag & drop editor for now and to create your own custom email template. Here's a pretty good website you can find free templates on and they should be solid given the reputation of the company in the email design field.

Otherwise, HubSpot recently announced their ambition to harmonize the drag & drop design experience across all channels (website, blog and email), which makes it quite likely you'll be able to edit the drag & drop email template in the future.

Hope this helps !
If it does, please consider marking this answer as a solution 🙂

Best,

Ludwig

Agence Mi4 - Data DrivenCTO @ Mi4
Hubspot Platinum Partner and Integration Expert

Passionate human, very curious about everything data and automation.

Any problem with Hubspot you need help solving ?

Let me know !

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
FranckS
Participant

SOLVE

Hello all,  thanks a lot for your answer.

It's what I suspected but I wonder why it suddenly appears as we are using eMail in hubspot since 2 years and it's first time that we have this problem (Or nobody report it to us before). I will wait for the Hubspot update and croos the finger it's gonna happen soon.:)

Anyway, thanks a lot for your time.

MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @FranckS,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! 

While it's not possible to control how a marketing email renders across all email clients and devices, there are a couple of best practice tips you can follow to optimize your email. You can find them in this Knowledge base article. 

I also wanted to tag a couple of other Community members to see if they have any advice or if they've ever encountered a similar problem: 

hi @LMeert@Bruno_Teixeira@JSC@sviaud, any experience you could share here? Thank you!

Cheers
Mia, Community Team 

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

LMeert
Solution
Guide | Platinum Partner
Guide | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MiaSrebrnjak@FranckS,

Email design is a very special beast that is not easily tackled since all email clients read the html files differently. There are indeed email design best practices and HubSpot does a pretty good job at including them by default in the drag & drop editor templates.

The error code that you see is used to properly render content on Microsoft email clients (here it says if the email client is not outlook).

I'm pretty sure by trial and error we could find a way to prevent this display on Zimbra but there's not much you can do here as you don't have access to the drag & drop email template code.

The only solution I see is to not use the drag & drop editor for now and to create your own custom email template. Here's a pretty good website you can find free templates on and they should be solid given the reputation of the company in the email design field.

Otherwise, HubSpot recently announced their ambition to harmonize the drag & drop design experience across all channels (website, blog and email), which makes it quite likely you'll be able to edit the drag & drop email template in the future.

Hope this helps !
If it does, please consider marking this answer as a solution 🙂

Best,

Ludwig

Agence Mi4 - Data DrivenCTO @ Mi4
Hubspot Platinum Partner and Integration Expert

Passionate human, very curious about everything data and automation.

Any problem with Hubspot you need help solving ?

Let me know !