Email Marketing Tool

shannonk922
Participant

Workflows for Emails Open

SOLVE

I am looking to make a workflow for marketing emails opened 5 or more times within 90 days. I only see an option for the last or first email open. I was hoping someone could help me figure this out or some kind of workaround? Maybe it's a list or using a different property. Many thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @shannonk922,

I'm not aware of a way to achieve this at this stage, at least not out of the box. There is this property...

Marketing emails opened: the number of marketing emails opened. Please note that this value is incremented at most once per email; if the same email is opened multiple times, this value will only increase by one.

... but it can't be further filtered by a time frame like 90 days. There would be ways of accomplishing this with custom code actions in Operations Hub Professional but it would require a developer.

(Keep in mind that the number of email opens for a particular contact is not very reliable. Some email clients open emails in the background to check them for fraud – this is sometimes also registered as an open.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @shannonk922,

I'm not aware of a way to achieve this at this stage, at least not out of the box. There is this property...

Marketing emails opened: the number of marketing emails opened. Please note that this value is incremented at most once per email; if the same email is opened multiple times, this value will only increase by one.

... but it can't be further filtered by a time frame like 90 days. There would be ways of accomplishing this with custom code actions in Operations Hub Professional but it would require a developer.

(Keep in mind that the number of email opens for a particular contact is not very reliable. Some email clients open emails in the background to check them for fraud – this is sometimes also registered as an open.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

shannonk922
Participant

SOLVE

Hi,

Thanks for your quick response! We are trying to track if they've opened any email 5 times, not that specific email. Do you have any recommendations on other ways we could achieve something similar? Appreciate your help and insight!

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @shannonk922,

Out of the box, this is not possible, unfortunately. Again, with custom code and development it is but there aren't any list or workflow filters, scoring properties etc. which would do this automatically.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes