Email Marketing Tool

arandazzo
Participant

Workflow if/then send to specific contact

SOLVE

I'm trying to see if I can trigger a workflow with a company's property assignment, and then send an email to a specific group of people with specific contact types. For instance, if company type = Marketing, then send to (contact type is) Mentor and (other contact property is) Marketing. 

Anyone know if that's possible? 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @arandazzo,

Yes, this is possible. In contact-based workflows, you can also reference company properties:

karstenkoehler_0-1666672424805.png

The logic here would not be IF associated company is matching filter THEN send email to contact is matching filter. All criteria would be checked in the beginning: IF associated company is matching filter AND contact is matching filter THEN enroll contact and do the following steps, such as sending an automated email.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @arandazzo,

Yes, this is possible. In contact-based workflows, you can also reference company properties:

karstenkoehler_0-1666672424805.png

The logic here would not be IF associated company is matching filter THEN send email to contact is matching filter. All criteria would be checked in the beginning: IF associated company is matching filter AND contact is matching filter THEN enroll contact and do the following steps, such as sending an automated email.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

arandazzo
Participant

SOLVE

The Mentors are not associated with the companies, will this still work? Additionally, I'd love to create an if/then statement that narrows the Mentors down even more. If the company has "marketing" type, then send email to all marketing mentors. If company has "legal" type, send to all legal mentors, etc. 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @arandazzo,

No, in that case it won't. In that case you can only enroll all contacts into a workflow with, for example, a certain Contact type. If you want to enroll contacts from companies of a specific type and with specific contact characteristics, they must be associated.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler