Email Marketing Tool

auto-mate
Top Contributor

Workflow email - send to property that stores an email address - if empty?

SOLVE

In a workflow that a triggers an email to send to e.g. an internal email address based on a contact property using:

"Send to: Use a contact property that stores an email address"

If that property is empty, is the email skipped and the contact continues on the workflow?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @auto-mate,

Correct, the email is skipped and the contact moves on to the next action, see the screenshot below. The contact does not have a value for the Custom contact owner property.

karstenkoehler_0-1623309991474.png

If you still want to send a notification, I'd recommend create an if/then branches that checks if this contact has an owner. If yes, send the email notification to that owner. If no, then send it to a specific person.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @auto-mate,

Correct, the email is skipped and the contact moves on to the next action, see the screenshot below. The contact does not have a value for the Custom contact owner property.

karstenkoehler_0-1623309991474.png

If you still want to send a notification, I'd recommend create an if/then branches that checks if this contact has an owner. If yes, send the email notification to that owner. If no, then send it to a specific person.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

auto-mate
Top Contributor

SOLVE

...the case is multiple internal notifications... so owner email 1,2,3,4... and 2,3,4 may be blank. Thanks for the reply.

0 Upvotes