Email Marketing Tool

rstober
Participant

Wordpress RSS Email Newsletter - How to add category to each post?

SOLVE

I am working on setting up an RSS email that is connected to our Wordpress blog. I have it connected and the preview looks good. 

The issue is I want to include the post category label in each post entry. This way I could highlight if the post is a blog post, case study, etc... I looked through all the default HubSpot tokens but don't see one for the category. How do I add category to these posts?Rss tokens.png

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Ryan

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Jonno_Price
Solution
Guide | Platinum Partner
Guide | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @rstober - as you've seen it doesn't look like category is an available token.. Only suggestion I have is you could use the Summary token and then start each summary with the content type as a kind of naming convention.. E.g. each summary could start with something like: "[Blog] xyz ...." or "[Case Study] xyz"

E.g. edit-rss-feed-email.png

Jonno Price
Growth London Ltd.
Platinum Hubspot Solutions Partner

Did my post help answer your query? Please help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @rstober, I would like to add some top experts to this conversation @Jonno_Price @MarcoPericci @trevordjones any recommendations to @rstober?

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
Jonno_Price
Solution
Guide | Platinum Partner
Guide | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @rstober - as you've seen it doesn't look like category is an available token.. Only suggestion I have is you could use the Summary token and then start each summary with the content type as a kind of naming convention.. E.g. each summary could start with something like: "[Blog] xyz ...." or "[Case Study] xyz"

E.g. edit-rss-feed-email.png

Jonno Price
Growth London Ltd.
Platinum Hubspot Solutions Partner

Did my post help answer your query? Please help the community by marking it as a solution.

rstober
Participant

SOLVE

Hey @Jonno_Price,

Thanks for the suggestion! I agree, I think this is the route I will have to go.

- Ryan