Email Marketing Tool

BPollastrini
参加者

When sending newsletters send to static lists

解決

Hey community,

I am looking into best practices here.

In the past with alternative ESPs I have used static lists for my marketing email sends.

How do you go about it?

Having lists for every single send is a bit overwhelming, how do you geet on top of this?

Thank you,

B

0 いいね!
1件の承認済みベストアンサー
karstenkoehler
解決策
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner

解決

Hi @BPollastrini,

This depends on how your marketing is structured in general. If, for example, you are maintaining a list of all contacts who consented into receiving a certain type of email communication ( = subscription type in HubSpot), you could build one active list off that and use it again and again.

Simply create an active list, filter for Email subscriptions and select the appropriate one. Alternatively, you could also create an active list for Form submissions: all contacts who have ever submitted a form.

These types of lists would be updating as you go, based on the contacts who checked the consent box in your form or submitted a specific form. This would be an approach of always emailing all available contacts. It makes sense when it's an actual sign-up for a newsletter (all people who subscribe should receive emails) or another type of recurring communication.

If, however, you're sending emails for specific segments of your contact database (customers who want to receive marketing communication, leads who signaled an interest in events, one-off promotions etc.), then you might want to work with custom lists for these types of email sends.

Usually, for me it's a mix of the two. The key is to have a clearly named list for regular use (such as newsletter subscribers) and finding a good naming convention for the custom one-off lists.

Let me know if that answers your question!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

元の投稿で解決策を見る

1件の返信
karstenkoehler
解決策
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner

解決

Hi @BPollastrini,

This depends on how your marketing is structured in general. If, for example, you are maintaining a list of all contacts who consented into receiving a certain type of email communication ( = subscription type in HubSpot), you could build one active list off that and use it again and again.

Simply create an active list, filter for Email subscriptions and select the appropriate one. Alternatively, you could also create an active list for Form submissions: all contacts who have ever submitted a form.

These types of lists would be updating as you go, based on the contacts who checked the consent box in your form or submitted a specific form. This would be an approach of always emailing all available contacts. It makes sense when it's an actual sign-up for a newsletter (all people who subscribe should receive emails) or another type of recurring communication.

If, however, you're sending emails for specific segments of your contact database (customers who want to receive marketing communication, leads who signaled an interest in events, one-off promotions etc.), then you might want to work with custom lists for these types of email sends.

Usually, for me it's a mix of the two. The key is to have a clearly named list for regular use (such as newsletter subscribers) and finding a good naming convention for the custom one-off lists.

Let me know if that answers your question!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.