Email Marketing Tool

PieterVHeerden

When creating a new contact in Hubspot, how do we use the API to allow marketing consent

Hi team

We are integrating with Hubspot via a .NET app to create contact. We need to add a check box for POPIA and GDPR to ask the user if they want to recieve emails from us.  I cannot find the api that will set this for us? I see the email subscription API, but that is on a 1 by 1 basis. 

This is to set the below property in Hubspot 

PieterVHeerden_0-1625813915944.png

So if users the opted in, this field will be blank or filled out in the event that they did not opt in?

Also, when a contact gets an email, at the bottom there is a manage your preferences link that will take them to the Hubspot preferences for that contact. Is there is a way to get that link in order to show it on our portal or is it only availabel in the email they get?

I assume this link is a unique url for the contact, but if this link can be ready from hubspot via some API, we can use this to redirect a user to their preferences, once they have been crated in hubspot via the API

PieterVHeerden_1-1625814149163.png

Thanks

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

When creating a new contact in Hubspot, how do we use the API to allow marketing consent

Hi @PieterVHeerden ,

Unfortunately, we cannot update read only property with API.

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards.

0 Upvotes