Email Marketing Tool

BradDemers
Participant

When I add an image via a URL, it is now getting added to the media library. I don't want that.

Hello,

It now appears that if I add an image to an email via a URL, it is being added to our media library after being resaved as a WebP file, and the image link in the email is referencing that WebP file and not the URL for the image I provided.

Why was this change implemented, and is there a way to disable it? We send a lot of emails and our media library is going to get absolutely cluttered with files.

I recognize a lot of people using Hubspot to make marketing materials are not necessarily graphic designers, so converting and resizing files for a flexible format like WebP makes sense for those who aren't necessarily a graphic designer or who do not have the technical know-how to optimize their files. For those who do, though, this can be detrimental. 

I upload images for our marketing emails to our website's server. I also optimize the files myself. I would prefer to be able to reference files without Hubspot intercepting and resaving them. As a workaround I know I can use the HTML block and code in the image tags myself, but I'd rather not do that.

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

When I add an image via a URL, it is now getting added to the media library. I don't want that.

Hi @BradDemers 

Thank you for reaching out. 

I would recommend connecting with HubSpot Technical Support, as Support is included in your subscription and they will be able to provide real-time assistance for this matter, where you are able to share screenshots, examples, and further information about the matter you mentioned here.

Thank you!

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !