Email Marketing Tool

LocalJobNetwork
Teilnehmer/-in

What is good benchmark for re-engagement campaign success?

lösung

We recently launched our first ever re-engagement campaign. What are some good benchmarks for measuring success (open rates, CTR, etc)? What percentage of our list should we expect to see re-engage with us?

• b2b business
  • sending re-enagement campaign to our "tier 3" heavily disengaged list (21+ SSLE)
    • 56k contacts on this list
  • campaign spans 4 emails sent 6 weeks part

Thank you,

Andy

1 Akzeptierte Lösung
Ben_M
Lösung
Autorität

lösung

The one thing I don't see in your data listed is the age of the list.  The problem with sends since last engagement is that it's not a very accurate measure of whether a contact is engaged.  I won't go into all the details, but if you search the forums, there is not a 100% guaranteed analytics rate for emails that are sent/delivered/opened/clicked/etc. So because of the variables that lead to error in that rate, it is possible some of those contacts are engaged, but the email client is not properly tracking engagement.

If we could understand the age of the data, meaning when it was attained in comparison to when there was any activity on the account, this would help us understand what you should expect. Now keep in mind the activity I mention, does not have to be digital and could be offline. So basically, if that list of 56k contacts is 10 years old, I would say if you got a 10% repsonse rate, that would be amazing. 3-5% would be good, and 1-2% would be expected.  Whereas if you had a list that contained newer data, you would expect the return to be a little higher.

The source of the data is also something that you will want to take into consideration here.  So if you are not tracking your marketing activity by sources, and multiple touch points, then this is something you will want to look into to help with your data hygiene efforts.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

3 Antworten
Ben_M
Lösung
Autorität

lösung

The one thing I don't see in your data listed is the age of the list.  The problem with sends since last engagement is that it's not a very accurate measure of whether a contact is engaged.  I won't go into all the details, but if you search the forums, there is not a 100% guaranteed analytics rate for emails that are sent/delivered/opened/clicked/etc. So because of the variables that lead to error in that rate, it is possible some of those contacts are engaged, but the email client is not properly tracking engagement.

If we could understand the age of the data, meaning when it was attained in comparison to when there was any activity on the account, this would help us understand what you should expect. Now keep in mind the activity I mention, does not have to be digital and could be offline. So basically, if that list of 56k contacts is 10 years old, I would say if you got a 10% repsonse rate, that would be amazing. 3-5% would be good, and 1-2% would be expected.  Whereas if you had a list that contained newer data, you would expect the return to be a little higher.

The source of the data is also something that you will want to take into consideration here.  So if you are not tracking your marketing activity by sources, and multiple touch points, then this is something you will want to look into to help with your data hygiene efforts.

LocalJobNetwork
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Thank you for the response! I am exploring ways to better segment "disengaged" and am aware of the nuances with various email systems. Hopefully we can find a better way. 

The list has contacts on it that have mostly come from our CRM system (in-house). The contacts age in HubSpot might be anywhere from 3 years old or less, but they could have existed in the CRM long before that. We try to bring over only recent and relevant contacts but it's not foolproof at this point. 

0 Upvotes
Ben_M
Autorität

lösung

That sounds like a common case.  I would recommend looking to start a project to make sure that all your leads moving forward have a source because if you ever move your contacts elsewhere, keeping that data is important to help with your list hygiene.  What I have recommended to clients is the past is to track using a source code that should contain a date as well so you know when as much as where.

In your case, Hubspot usually recommends a servie like kickbox ( https://kickbox.com ) to verify the email addresses before you try to send anything through the platform.  If you have sold to these clients before or have had some relationship, I'm usually inclined to recommend emailing so long as your history is ok and you are going to send them a one-time reactivation email.  For example, a workflow whereby the first email is sent to all unenaged contacts and only engaged contacts move through the rest of the workflow.  Anyone unengaged, and not a client should at that point potentially be cleansed from your database.

0 Upvotes