Email Marketing Tool

pina
Contributor

What if I have blog notification emails set to send daily, but we haven't published a new blog post?

SOLVE

We're thinking of turning on blog notification emails to our blog subscribers. Thinking of setting the notifications to daily. What happens though if we don't have a new blog post one day?

Does that just mean the email won't send since there's no new blog posts?

Also, what frequency of blog subscription have worked best for you (Instant, daily, weekly, monthly)? 

2 Accepted solutions
nicolebrenner
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

What if I have blog notification emails set to send daily, but we haven't published a new blog post?

SOLVE

Hey @pina, welcome to the community! If you have daily blog notifications set, but don't publish a blog on any particular day, an email will not be sent on that day. I would also recommend checking out these two articles for more information: 

View solution in original post

ndwilliams3
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

• I don't have a definite answer for you on this! I'm assuming that it would not send as the email only includes new posts since the last email and this would result in an empty email.

Also, what frequency of blog subscription have worked best for you (Instant, daily, weekly, monthly)? 

• Best option is to let the subscriber choose the option. You can add frequency as an option on the blog subscribe form.
  • If you are posting several times a day, I would probably turn off instant as it may increase the the unsubscribe rate and the emails also count towards your account email limit.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
ndwilliams3
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

• I don't have a definite answer for you on this! I'm assuming that it would not send as the email only includes new posts since the last email and this would result in an empty email.

• Best option is to let the subscriber choose the option. You can add frequency as an option on the blog subscribe form.
  • If you are posting several times a day, I would probably turn off instant as it may increase the the unsubscribe rate and the emails also count towards your account email limit.

pina
Contributor

SOLVE

This is great info! Thanks @ndwilliams3

0 Upvotes
nicolebrenner
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @pina, welcome to the community! If you have daily blog notifications set, but don't publish a blog on any particular day, an email will not be sent on that day. I would also recommend checking out these two articles for more information: 

pina
Contributor

SOLVE

Awesome, thank you!

0 Upvotes