Email Marketing Tool

DerFabian
Contributor

What happens after subscription type was deactivated?

SOLVE

Hello,

We want to deactivate a certain subscription type, which was used to create email lists.

However, I am not sure what happens after we deactivate the subscription type?

I assume, the lists are not impacted by deactivating the subscription type and people simply cannot enroll in this subscription type anymore?

At least that is what I hope for, and I just wanted to be sure if I am right about that ...

Thank you,
Fabian

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi Fabian,

That depends. If the lists are active lists and referencing the subscription type, it's likely that these lists will break / not work anymore. You'd have to add all these contacts to a static list to keep that exact list.

Could you clarify why you are planning on using the same recipient lists? If the subscription type is archived, should the list logic then not be based on another or new subscription type anyway? In case of an audit, you wouldn't be able to provide documentation as to why you're still emailing the contacts on this specific list – since their earlier legal basis for marketing communication was archived.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
DerFabian
Contributor

SOLVE

Some subscription types were used only for internal (analytical) purposes. I know, this is not how subscription types should be used and that is why we want to get rid of them in the first place.

Thank you for the answer, that clarifies things for me. 🙂 

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi Fabian,

That depends. If the lists are active lists and referencing the subscription type, it's likely that these lists will break / not work anymore. You'd have to add all these contacts to a static list to keep that exact list.

Could you clarify why you are planning on using the same recipient lists? If the subscription type is archived, should the list logic then not be based on another or new subscription type anyway? In case of an audit, you wouldn't be able to provide documentation as to why you're still emailing the contacts on this specific list – since their earlier legal basis for marketing communication was archived.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

DPMortimer
Participant

SOLVE

Hey Karsten

On a similar topic, what do you think of this question:

We have Subscription Type A, B and C which we want to condense into a single offering of Subscription X as it's more relevant.

The problem is A, B and C have 50+ emails using them.

Instead of changing them all manually, is there an automated way to update the email subscription type?

OR alternatively,

Will the emails still send even if their subscription type is archived?

Many thanks

Paul

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @DPMortimer, I'd say 50 emails are manageable and I'd recommend updating them manually. If you archive the subscription type, I'm not 100% sure but I think HubSpot will either let you know during archival it's still being use or simply recover it the next time it's referenced.

Karsten Köhler

DPMortimer
Participant

SOLVE
Cheers

Yeah it's doable but not preferable as it's 50+ X each subscription type
we're getting rid of :S
0 Upvotes