What happens after subscription type was deactivated?

SOLVE
DerFabian
Participant

Hello,

We want to deactivate a certain subscription type, which was used to create email lists.

However, I am not sure what happens after we deactivate the subscription type?

I assume, the lists are not impacted by deactivating the subscription type and people simply cannot enroll in this subscription type anymore?

At least that is what I hope for, and I just wanted to be sure if I am right about that ...

Thank you,
Fabian

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Thought Leader | Partner

Hi Fabian,

That depends. If the lists are active lists and referencing the subscription type, it's likely that these lists will break / not work anymore. You'd have to add all these contacts to a static list to keep that exact list.

Could you clarify why you are planning on using the same recipient lists? If the subscription type is archived, should the list logic then not be based on another or new subscription type anyway? In case of an audit, you wouldn't be able to provide documentation as to why you're still emailing the contacts on this specific list – since their earlier legal basis for marketing communication was archived.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
Freelance Digital Marketing Advisor

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Hat mein Beitrag deine Frage beantwortet? Bitte hilf der Community und markiere ihn als Lösung.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Thought Leader | Partner

Hi Fabian,

That depends. If the lists are active lists and referencing the subscription type, it's likely that these lists will break / not work anymore. You'd have to add all these contacts to a static list to keep that exact list.

Could you clarify why you are planning on using the same recipient lists? If the subscription type is archived, should the list logic then not be based on another or new subscription type anyway? In case of an audit, you wouldn't be able to provide documentation as to why you're still emailing the contacts on this specific list – since their earlier legal basis for marketing communication was archived.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
Freelance Digital Marketing Advisor

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Hat mein Beitrag deine Frage beantwortet? Bitte hilf der Community und markiere ihn als Lösung.

View solution in original post

DerFabian
Participant

Some subscription types were used only for internal (analytical) purposes. I know, this is not how subscription types should be used and that is why we want to get rid of them in the first place.

Thank you for the answer, that clarifies things for me. 🙂