What does 'my own average' in email performance exactly mean

Occasional Contributor

The email performance graph shows dotted lines for 'my own average' but what numbers are these exactly? They dont appear to change for batch / automated so I conclude they are all over. But do they account for each individual email, or are they the average of each email average? And over which time period are they? Since they don't seem to change I'm guessing forever? I can't find any explanation about this.

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
HubSpot Moderator

Hi @Jean  The My Own Average plotlines don't adjust as the lines show your averge against the different types of emails you can send. The confluence of the plotlines shows where the average of your emails fall within the click and open metric quadrants. 

You can mouse over the information button of each open/click metric to find tips for improving either rate. 

Find out more about engagement analytics here.

Thank you,

Ed Justen

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Ed, I do think it would be better if they adjust for types of emails, so you can easily compare a batch email to your average batch email, and even more for time range.

0 Upvotes