Email Marketing Tool

VBebensee
Contributor

What about that kind of filter?

SOLVE

Hi HubSpot Community,

today I wanted to create a new Workflow but unfortunatly there is no solutions for my idea. I need (and I think that there are lots of people outside who wants the same) a filter where I can say that a contact will gets a second mail after some days if
1. he/she opens the markting mail 3 or 5 times ore more (the SAME marketing mail)
2. he/she doesn´t react.

In my case I will invite contacts to a webinar. In that mail is a link to a landing page with formular. Now I saw, that some people opened my first mail about 4,5 and yes of course 9 times but no reaction. I thought, that this trigger is pretty interesting, isn´t it? 9 times open....wow.....

Is there anybody that can realize this idea as a new function in Workflows?

THX 1000 times 🙂

Bye Volker

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @VBebensee,

You're correct, this is currently not possible. Workflow enrollment criteria cannot distinguish between 1 open and multiple opens.

My general advice however would be to not rely on opens too much anymore. Email clients open emails in the background to check for potential risks, e.g. fraud. iOS 15 has made things even more complicated. While it would be nice to nudge recipients who have opened an email multiple times to submit the form, I fully understand, it's unfortunately very unreliable. And it's getting worse. You couldn't be sure whether the email was opened by an actual person.

Instead, I would focus on clicks / registration page views – this is a much stronger sign of intent. I know that this is not what you asked for but realistically, what you requested is not a feature that HubSpot will introduce or work on. The product team, too, is probably aware of the fact that email service providers and clients will make it harder and harder to get accurate information on opens.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

VBebensee
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

Hello Karsten,

thank you so much for your super fast answer. I understand the circumstance with the background openings and in that case will show us wrong values.

It's my first campaign that I build up with HubSpot and I still have a lot to learn. I'm currently researching other options or criteria to trigger undecided people. I will definitely work with more call-to-action buttons in the future - that makes more sense.

Thank you for your great help. You helped me a lot with your answer!

Volker

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @VBebensee,

You're correct, this is currently not possible. Workflow enrollment criteria cannot distinguish between 1 open and multiple opens.

My general advice however would be to not rely on opens too much anymore. Email clients open emails in the background to check for potential risks, e.g. fraud. iOS 15 has made things even more complicated. While it would be nice to nudge recipients who have opened an email multiple times to submit the form, I fully understand, it's unfortunately very unreliable. And it's getting worse. You couldn't be sure whether the email was opened by an actual person.

Instead, I would focus on clicks / registration page views – this is a much stronger sign of intent. I know that this is not what you asked for but realistically, what you requested is not a feature that HubSpot will introduce or work on. The product team, too, is probably aware of the fact that email service providers and clients will make it harder and harder to get accurate information on opens.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

VBebensee
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

Hello Karsten,

thank you so much for your super fast answer. I understand the circumstance with the background openings and in that case will show us wrong values.

It's my first campaign that I build up with HubSpot and I still have a lot to learn. I'm currently researching other options or criteria to trigger undecided people. I will definitely work with more call-to-action buttons in the future - that makes more sense.

Thank you for your great help. You helped me a lot with your answer!

Volker