Email Marketing Tool

MFerris

Was able to enroll non-marketing contact in a workflow

SOLVE

Sorry if this seems like a dumb question but I'm starting to roll out our Salesforce/Hubspot integration to my company and I just had a sales guy enroll a non-marketing contact into a workflow.

The flow doesnt kick off until tomorrow so maybe it will fail out then but is there a reason you can enroll non marketing contacts into workflows to begin with?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MFerris,

Workflows do not check whether a contact is a marketing contact or not * – after all, a workflow might not be sending any marketing communication. The workflow could also update property values.

However, if that workflow contains marketing emails and your contact is a marketing contact, HubSpot should not execute the send. You will either see this in the history of workflow actions or on the contact record.

* You can of course simply adjust your enrollment trigger to only let in contacts who are marketing contacts.

Does that answer your question?

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MFerris ,

Can you please explain, what is the purpose of this workflow of yours? The marketing and non-marketing contacts concept will be considered here only if you are sending marketing emails or emails after form submission.  

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.
Thanks and Regards.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MFerris,

Workflows do not check whether a contact is a marketing contact or not * – after all, a workflow might not be sending any marketing communication. The workflow could also update property values.

However, if that workflow contains marketing emails and your contact is a marketing contact, HubSpot should not execute the send. You will either see this in the history of workflow actions or on the contact record.

* You can of course simply adjust your enrollment trigger to only let in contacts who are marketing contacts.

Does that answer your question?

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.