Email Marketing Tool

ItsDave
Participant

Wanting to design a 2-stage Email Campaign

SOLVE

Hello, everyone.

Basically, when someone chooses to click on a specific link in the first email, I want another email sent out (automatically) to that person (basically thanking them for their interest and providing them a simple 'special offer code.'

Sounds pretty simple, but I'm afraid I haven't been able to figure it out so far. If anyone can point me in the right direction, much appreciiated!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ItsDave,

This can be accomplished with workflows (available in HubSpot Professional and Enterprise portals). For this, you would create a contact-based workflow like the one below.

karstenkoehler_1-1622869875709.png

If you want to send different emails based on which link was clicked, you would use an if/then branch:

karstenkoehler_0-1622869809503.png

In free HubSpot and HubSpot Starter portals, unfortunately this can not be done. Other users have recommended HubSpot's Outfunnel integration for automation capabilities cheaper than HubSpot's higher tier subscriptions so you could check that out.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ItsDave,

To work around that, you could also either set up another workflow that sends the initial email as an automated – or switch on the workflow right after sending the regular mass email.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ItsDave,

This can be accomplished with workflows (available in HubSpot Professional and Enterprise portals). For this, you would create a contact-based workflow like the one below.

karstenkoehler_1-1622869875709.png

If you want to send different emails based on which link was clicked, you would use an if/then branch:

karstenkoehler_0-1622869809503.png

In free HubSpot and HubSpot Starter portals, unfortunately this can not be done. Other users have recommended HubSpot's Outfunnel integration for automation capabilities cheaper than HubSpot's higher tier subscriptions so you could check that out.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

ItsDave
Participant

SOLVE

Sorry, disregard my email. It appears that this is an issue that others are running into (I was kind of relieved it wasn't just me). They had to use the same solution I did, which was send the email to a test set in order to make the email no longer a draft and available to the workflow. 🙃

0 Upvotes
ItsDave
Participant

SOLVE

Hi, Karsten

Thanks so much for your post. It was what I was looking for. What I'm running into now though is that when I chose 'Set Enrollment Trigger,' and then chose 'Marketing Email,' it couldn't see my email--I suspect because it was only a draft. It could see other emails I had created and sent out on other occaisions though. I finally sent the marketing email to just myself and it was then available in the workflow to choose from. Is there a way to save a marketing email and have it not be a 'draft'?

0 Upvotes