Email Marketing Tool

Maeglin
Participant | Elite Partner
Participant | Elite Partner

Video in Files - prevent from downloading

SOLVE

Hi guys,

my client wants to share a videolink through email, so I'm referencing to the video uploaded on Hubspot. However, they want to prevent people from downloading the video. But I cannot seem to do this..

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
PamCotton
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @Maeglin

If you are sharing this document with a lot of contacts, I would recommend following the steps here to add the document link (video) to an email template. You can then send that email template to any contact you would like. When following those steps, you will see the option to require an email address before they view the document.

In terms of tracking these views, in the documents tool, you will only be able to see who viewed your document, not which slides within your document the contact spent the longest on. I do not believe there is a way to block them from downloading but I would highly recommend you to please post this idea at our ideas forum (here).

Our product team, who monitors the forum regularly, can read your specific use case and understand why this would be a useful functionality or change. It also helps other customers facing the same issue to advocate for its implementation on your behalf by upvoting on the thread as well.

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
PamCotton
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @Maeglin

If you are sharing this document with a lot of contacts, I would recommend following the steps here to add the document link (video) to an email template. You can then send that email template to any contact you would like. When following those steps, you will see the option to require an email address before they view the document.

In terms of tracking these views, in the documents tool, you will only be able to see who viewed your document, not which slides within your document the contact spent the longest on. I do not believe there is a way to block them from downloading but I would highly recommend you to please post this idea at our ideas forum (here).

Our product team, who monitors the forum regularly, can read your specific use case and understand why this would be a useful functionality or change. It also helps other customers facing the same issue to advocate for its implementation on your behalf by upvoting on the thread as well.

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !