Email Marketing Tool

Tracie
参加者

Variable Number of Modules in Email Template

解決

We're working on getting a monthly batch newsletter email template together, but we will have a variable number of articles each month.

If we use any of the templates in marketplace, or make our own, it seems like I'd need to clone the template and add or subtract modules each month to suit the number of articles for that month.  Right? 
Is there a more flexible way to accomplish this at the email level? I can only think of having big open text areas where we can also add images, but that seems prone to display issues.

Thanks!

0 いいね!
1件の承認済みベストアンサー
MFrankJohnson
解決策
ソートリーダー

解決

Q: We're working on getting a monthly batch newsletter email template together, but we will have a variable number of articles each month. If we use any of the templates in marketplace, or make our own, it seems like I'd need to clone the template and add or subtract modules each month to suit the number of articles for that month. Right?
Is there a more flexible way to accomplish this at the email level? I can only think of having big open text areas where we can also add images, but that seems prone to display issues.

Short A: Correct. Cloning is the fastest, most basic way to solve for your use case.

Longer A:

Ok, so if we're NOT talking about RSS emails here ...

Some clients send manually crafted monthly newsletters to various segments of their list each month. Not all articles are included for all segments, so ...

To solve, we use optional 'sections' within the email template. Each section can house a single article or multiple related articles, and is totally optional if selected on the frontend.
- see image

HubSpot Marketing Email -- (with optional sections)HubSpot Marketing Email -- (with optional sections)

Naturally, this needs to be setup in the template on the backend first!

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

元の投稿で解決策を見る

0 いいね!
5件の返信
MFrankJohnson
解決策
ソートリーダー

解決

Q: We're working on getting a monthly batch newsletter email template together, but we will have a variable number of articles each month. If we use any of the templates in marketplace, or make our own, it seems like I'd need to clone the template and add or subtract modules each month to suit the number of articles for that month. Right?

Short A: Correct. Cloning is the fastest, most basic way to solve for your use case.

Longer A:

Ok, so if we're NOT talking about RSS emails here ...

Some clients send manually crafted monthly newsletters to various segments of their list each month. Not all articles are included for all segments, so ...

To solve, we use optional 'sections' within the email template. Each section can house a single article or multiple related articles, and is totally optional if selected on the frontend.
- see image

HubSpot Marketing Email -- (with optional sections)HubSpot Marketing Email -- (with optional sections)

Naturally, this needs to be setup in the template on the backend first!

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 いいね!
renessac
メンバー

解決

Hello! Thank you for this information, Frank. Can you also point me in the right direction for learning how to implement an optional section in a template? Thank you!

0 いいね!
MFrankJohnson
ソートリーダー

解決

Setting field display conditions in templates is covered in the HubSpot KB resource entitled, Create and edit modules -- i.e., Set field display conditions section

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 いいね!
dmcknight
メンバー

解決

@MFrankJohnson

Ben_M
キーアドバイザー

解決

Are the variables coming from an RSS feed? You could use the RSS to email feature to automatically pull items from your news source into the email.

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/cos-blog/set-up-an-rss-to-email-blog-subscription...