Email Marketing Tool

AnkurKhetan

Uses the custom font in drag and drop email

SOLVE

Hi,

We have created an email with drag and drop, in which we have to use custom web font in font dropdown list editor, like Roboto font.
so please explain how to do this

1 Accepted solution
Jonno_Price
Solution
Guide | Platinum Partner
Guide | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AnkurKhetan

Unfortunately using custom font in email is a notoriously tricky for the simple reason that the font you select won't display for the recipient unless they have that particular font installed. Which is why the font selection is limited for email.

You can use Google fonts on websites because most browsers will support Google Font - but this is not true for email. Google Fonts will only display on certain email clients such as Apple Mail; iPhone; iPad
Android Mail (native app, not Gmail); Thunderbird. 

So the safest option for your email to display nicely for the vast majority of your recipients is to select from the default options that are available to you in the marketing email module. I would probably choose Open Sans as a close alternative. 

Hope that helps. 

Jonno Price
Growth London Ltd.
Platinum Hubspot Solutions Partner

Did my post help answer your query? Please help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Jonno_Price
Solution
Guide | Platinum Partner
Guide | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AnkurKhetan

Unfortunately using custom font in email is a notoriously tricky for the simple reason that the font you select won't display for the recipient unless they have that particular font installed. Which is why the font selection is limited for email.

You can use Google fonts on websites because most browsers will support Google Font - but this is not true for email. Google Fonts will only display on certain email clients such as Apple Mail; iPhone; iPad
Android Mail (native app, not Gmail); Thunderbird. 

So the safest option for your email to display nicely for the vast majority of your recipients is to select from the default options that are available to you in the marketing email module. I would probably choose Open Sans as a close alternative. 

Hope that helps. 

Jonno Price
Growth London Ltd.
Platinum Hubspot Solutions Partner

Did my post help answer your query? Please help the community by marking it as a solution.

MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @AnkurKhetan,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

I wanted to tag in a couple of subject matter experts to see if they can offer some advice: 

Hi @AdamLPW@Jonno_Price@Ian_Matt, do you have any tips for @AnkurKhetan? Thank you!

Cheers
Mia, Community team 

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings