Email Marketing Tool

ytaonon
参加者

Unwanted borders in some emails

Our latest email appeared fine for most, but for some people there were these strange borders. Sent to three people in our company, all using the same email service, only one got the bordering. ANy idea what this is?image.png

0 いいね!
9件の返信
SBanksS8
参加者

I know this is an old post, but one way to fix this is to change the background of the whole email to match the content on top. We use a lot of images and graphics in emails and sometimes, despite being set to content width, some sections have extra space on the left or right. 

BérangèreL
コミュニティーマネージャー
コミュニティーマネージャー

Hi @SBanksS8,

I hope that you are well!

Thank you for sharing this solution with the Community Members!

Have a lovely day!

Best,
Bérangère

Saviez-vous que la Communauté est disponible en Français ?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings!

0 いいね!
ytaonon
参加者

classic

0 いいね!
natsumimori
コミュニティーマネージャー
コミュニティーマネージャー

@ytaonon 

I researched the internal resources, however, I wasn't able to find information around this sytle ("border-width : 0px") being added automatically. If the borders still appear randomely to some of your team members, could you please reach out to the Technical Support (https://help.hubspot.com/) so that the Support team can investigate this further? In your Support ticket, please include the following information:

- Which user is observing this behaviour and which user is not observing this behaviour

- Link to the email editor page

- Link to the email template

- Example screenshots where the Support team can see the unexpected borders

ytaonon
参加者

We figured out the cause. Apparently, Hubspot used to automatically edit our email code, including setting the border-width to 0px. For some reason it doesn't do this anymore. Is there any way to reactivate this autoediting?

0 いいね!
natsumimori
コミュニティーマネージャー
コミュニティーマネージャー

@ytaonon 

I'm not aware of a global setting that applies "border-width : 0px" automatically to your emails. Is this about the classic editor emails or drag and drop editor emails? Could you let me know?

natsumimori
コミュニティーマネージャー
コミュニティーマネージャー

Thank you for your post @ytaonon .

When your email looks different for only certain contacts (and especially when those contacts use same email client), it's usually due to how this email client renders your email. Because each email client displays emails differently, some of your contacts see unintended lines or spaces in received emails.

I wanted to share these resources for your reference:

HubSpot Blog- How to preview your HubSpot emails in 30 different inboxes

Community- I see unwanted spaces

ytaonon
参加者

Thank you, but why haven't we had this issue before? It's the same template.

0 いいね!
natsumimori
コミュニティーマネージャー
コミュニティーマネージャー

Good question! It's hard for us to tell exactly why, because how to render emails is not something HubSpot has controll. But one possible reason is the email client had some changes/updates and the way they display email contents have changed.