Email Marketing Tool

AKo

Unsubscribe confirmation email

SOLVE

When a contact clicks on the unsubscribe button, I'd like to trigger an email that confirms the person unsubscribed and include a link to re-subscribe (in case they were accidentally unsubscribed by a person they forwarded the email to). 

Is it best to trigger this email via workflow? Or does Hubspot have a setting to turn on unsubscribe confirmation emails? 

2 Accepted solutions
Mike_Eastwood
Solution
Key Advisor | Gold Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AKo 

You could use a Workflow that triggers from a Email Subscription State e.g. if it changes to unsubscribe send the email.

When you set your Enrollment Criteria choose "Is Known" that will trigger for new Contacts and changes in old Contacts. Then run the if "unsubscribed" send email.

Personally I find it annoying when I unsubscribe from an email and I get another email telling me what I just did.

Have fun

Mike

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AKo,

In that case you could indeed, as @Mike_Eastwood suggested, create a workflow that enrolls contacts when "Unsubscribed from all email is true". If you want to send an email about unsubscribes from specific subscriptions, you would have to use an active list as an intermediary (filter contacts by Email subscriptions). In any case, make sure that you only activate this workflow for contacts who fulfill the criteria after the workflow is turned on.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AKo,

In that case you could indeed, as @Mike_Eastwood suggested, create a workflow that enrolls contacts when "Unsubscribed from all email is true". If you want to send an email about unsubscribes from specific subscriptions, you would have to use an active list as an intermediary (filter contacts by Email subscriptions). In any case, make sure that you only activate this workflow for contacts who fulfill the criteria after the workflow is turned on.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

AKo

SOLVE

Thanks Karsten. We do have the transactional email add-on so that would be one way to override the previous unsubscribe.

Thanks for the tip on the mail-to link. I'll look into it!

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AKo,

At the moment this is not possible, as far as I know. There would have to be a dedicated feature in HubSpot since – once a contact unsubscribes – they're not eligible to receive any communication from you any more, not even a short confirmation. HubSpot will not allow any email sends to this contact anymore.

To bypass this, you would need the transactional email add-on from HubSpot (which allows you to send confirmation emails regardless of a previous unsubscribe). @Mike_Eastwood, did you have something else in mind here?

Since you're on an Enterprise license, you can create a web version of your marketing email. You could use this to your advantage here and include a short line in your emails "Want to forward this to a colleague or friend?" that has a mail-to link to it. You would have to create this mail-to-link for each email, using a tool like mailtolink.me. Using that tool, you could place the web version of your email link in the body of the mail-to-email. (If you want to get fancy, you could even create a tracking link of this web version link before you include it in the body of the mail-to-email to get an idea of how often these emails get forwarded.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

AKo

SOLVE

Thanks Mike. I'll give that a try. I know what you mean...it is annoying to get an email right after I unsubscribe but we have a segment of subscribers that tend to forward our emails to their customers and they get inadvertently unsubscribed. So this seems like the most efficient way to alert the subscriber that they were unsubscribed if someone else accidentally unsubscribes them. 

0 Upvotes
Mike_Eastwood
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @AKo 

You could use a Workflow that triggers from a Email Subscription State e.g. if it changes to unsubscribe send the email.

When you set your Enrollment Criteria choose "Is Known" that will trigger for new Contacts and changes in old Contacts. Then run the if "unsubscribed" send email.

Personally I find it annoying when I unsubscribe from an email and I get another email telling me what I just did.

Have fun

Mike