Email Marketing Tool

JaimeK
Participant

Unsharp images in Marketing email

SOLVE

Hi all,

I can't figure out how to get sharp images in my emails. I tried several things:

• Hi-res png's and jpegs (twice the size of the actual image in the newsletter)
  • Image sizes that match the actual size in the newsletter
  • Set image optimization to high

Some images look sharp in the editor, but when in preview mode it's al blurry. Same for test emails.

Thanks in advance!

0 Upvotes
3 Accepted solutions
Josh
Solution
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JaimeK,

Instead of uploading your images much larger than they are appearing, try uploading them closer to the size they are displaying. When an image is decreased or increased in size significantly, blurriness can occur. 

Josh 

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

View solution in original post

Ben_M
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

None of the images in that email look bad to me.  My only comment would be on the mobile view image because it is so zoomed out, having multiple screenshots may not be needed.  The point could be conveyed simpler with a screenshot mounted on a iphone/android/generic phone background to show that it is mobile friendly on a mobile device

To Josh's point though, I agree that keeping the image as close to the size is better because Photoshop (or any image editor) will do a better job at optimization than Hubspot will.  Images that are too small will blur as they grow, while images that are not proportional will show as distorted.  If you had to make an image too large or small though, I would always say too large because at the right proportion, the image will be sharper, but most untrained eyes will not notice the difference, it will just mean larger file sizes to download the email.

SPSmartBug
Solution
Participant | Elite Partner

SOLVE

I use tinypng.com to compress images! It's super easy. You just drag the file in and then download the compressed image right from that website.

9 Replies 9
SPSmartBug

SOLVE

Have you tried compressing all of the images?

That usually helps for me.

JaimeK
Participant

SOLVE

@SPSmartBug Would that be compressing with Photoshop? Or do you have another method?

@Ben_M , @Josh : thanks for your replies! I did already play around with image sizes that are closer to the actual size in the email. I will try again, but i'm afraid images will never be crisp inside hubspot email. Do you guys manage to do so? If so, could you show an example? 🙂

0 Upvotes
SPSmartBug
Solution

SOLVE

I use tinypng.com to compress images! It's super easy. You just drag the file in and then download the compressed image right from that website.

JaimeK
Participant

SOLVE

@SPSmartBug , thanks! I will try that as well.

Thank you all for being so helpful, hopefully I will get my next newsletter nice and crisp with your tips 🙂

0 Upvotes
PJanakiraman6
Contributor | Diamond Partner
Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JaimeK ,   I  agree that resizing and designing images in HubSpot based on the given dimensions helps to maintain visual consistency. But for optimization, I discovered a workaround: the HubSpot app is called LitePics in HubSpot a few weeks ago, and it automatically compresses all of my images in the HubSpot portal.

It does not effect the image quality because it uses Lossless compression and supports a variety of formats including GIF, PNG, JPG, JPEG, TIF, and WEBp. Initially chose the free version, then upgraded to the personalized plan. It has been beneficial to me; I hope this helps you.

Have a wonderful week

0 Upvotes
Ben_M
Key Advisor

SOLVE

It's really hard to say without seeing the email but it's definitely an image optimization issue.  Can you get a sample URL to view the email online or the preview online link when developing your email and share that with us?  We can then look at your email in a browser and see what's going on with the images.

0 Upvotes
JaimeK
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your reply. Here's a preview link to the email:

https://preview.hs-sites.com/_hcms/preview/content/12410453870?portalId=3842977&_preview=true&cacheB...

0 Upvotes
Josh
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @JaimeK,

Instead of uploading your images much larger than they are appearing, try uploading them closer to the size they are displaying. When an image is decreased or increased in size significantly, blurriness can occur. 

Josh 

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

Ben_M
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

None of the images in that email look bad to me.  My only comment would be on the mobile view image because it is so zoomed out, having multiple screenshots may not be needed.  The point could be conveyed simpler with a screenshot mounted on a iphone/android/generic phone background to show that it is mobile friendly on a mobile device

To Josh's point though, I agree that keeping the image as close to the size is better because Photoshop (or any image editor) will do a better job at optimization than Hubspot will.  Images that are too small will blur as they grow, while images that are not proportional will show as distorted.  If you had to make an image too large or small though, I would always say too large because at the right proportion, the image will be sharper, but most untrained eyes will not notice the difference, it will just mean larger file sizes to download the email.