Email Marketing Tool

F_Carron

Unique Opens for Email Marketing

SOLVE

I see a big difference between Unique and Total opens, even in the first hour after I send the mail. It could be 1,000 unique, 2,500 total. Hard to believe people open my mail 1.5 times AFTER the first time. Are these Mail Forwards?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @F_Carron

Pixel-based tracking of email opens is notoriously unreliable and lots of factors can lead to false positives. The value for uniques is probably a lot more trust worthy than the total and I would focus on that if I were you. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @F_Carron

Pixel-based tracking of email opens is notoriously unreliable and lots of factors can lead to false positives. The value for uniques is probably a lot more trust worthy than the total and I would focus on that if I were you. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
EvaSquare

SOLVE

Hi Phil,

I have installed hubspot email tracking outlook add-in to track my emails. However, it keeps giving me false positives. The moment I go to sent items to check the email it notifies me that the email has been opened. I have already re-installed the plugin and blocked my IP in hubspot to troubleshoot. Is there anything else that I need to do to stop this from happening? 

0 Upvotes