Unbolded email text showing as bold in Outlook 2016 and 2013 on Windows 7

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

When I set up an email draft using HubSpot's "Plain Email" template (as instructed in this knowledge base article) and send a test email to myself, all of the words appear bolded even though the drafted email's text has not been bolded. I am able to adjust the main body of my email to be un-bold, however, I can't figure out a way to un-bold my email's footer. 

It only appears bold when viewing in Outlook 2016 and Outlook 2013 on Windows 7 Professional OS. When I test in other email clients such as Gmail or in Outlook 365 (both using Chrome as my browser), the font appears at its regular weight / un-bolded.

Has anyone run into this before, and if so how were you able to fix the problem? Ideally, I'd like to feel confident that all of the recipients of my email will see the email's text as non-bold.

Email draft in HS showing as non-boldedEmail draft in HS showing as non-boldedSource code of email draft in HS - showing no tags for boldSource code of email draft in HS - showing no tags for bold HS "Plain Email" template which is being used for my email draftHS "Plain Email" template which is being used for my email draft

Bolded text in the Test Email delivered to Outlook 2016Bolded text in the Test Email delivered to Outlook 2016

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
Highlighted
HubSpot Product Team
  •  Each individual email client (ie. Outlook) renders emails based on their own CSS/HTML standards that may change over time.
  •  We recommend designing email templates with our built-in template builder for greater consistency across email clients and utilizing our Preview in other inboxes feature.
    •  Note that if you are seeing discrepancies between Outlook in Preview in other inboxes and your own Outlook inbox, try viewing your email off the network or contacting your IT department to disable any email filters which may be altering HTML in email.

I'd also reccommend reviewing your content settings to rule out any other setting causes.

0 Upvotes