Email Marketing Tool

vdadalyan

Unable to choose recipient to send email

SOLVE

Hi, I hope someone can point me in the right direction here.

In the email tab under companies, after integrating with Gmail, I am able to write emails but no able to choose a receipient or even type in an email address. This makes the feature useless to us at the moment. We have thousands of email addresses yet when I search for any one of them, none show up.

Please help, and thank you,

Vitaliy

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
imchrisjames
Solution

SOLVE

sorry guys i meant to post what i did on here but got too busy with things.

To my understanding, the companies mirror the contacts for obvious reasons.  Unfortunately all of the companies may not transfer over from the contacts, which is when you find yourself with no email, when you know for a fact you have one asscoated with that contact.

1) Lower left side bar of hubspot - scroll down and find associated contacts.
2) Search using the email or part of the email or name of person you are wanting to email out of companies.
3) Once found, select it and join to that company record.  
4) IF its not found, simply look in that pop up box when its done searching for the add contact icon.  
5) fill out email, first and last name, and tie that contact to the company record.
6) Once back in that company record, press email and the contact and their email is now assocated with that company and you can email throught the company side.  😃

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
12 Replies 12
imchrisjames

SOLVE

I am having the EXACT SAME PROBLEM... identical to the screenshots you shared.
 - - - Did you find a solution?    Is there anyone that can help with this problem?  I would really appreciate it as the links pointed out in this thread above do not address or solve the issue.  

Sorry, I am confused

0 Upvotes
imchrisjames

SOLVE

Ah I got it 😃  

Thank you

0 Upvotes
knowtheworld

SOLVE

Was there a resolution to this issue? I'm having the same issue on my system.

0 Upvotes
imchrisjames
Solution

SOLVE

sorry guys i meant to post what i did on here but got too busy with things.

To my understanding, the companies mirror the contacts for obvious reasons.  Unfortunately all of the companies may not transfer over from the contacts, which is when you find yourself with no email, when you know for a fact you have one asscoated with that contact.

1) Lower left side bar of hubspot - scroll down and find associated contacts.
2) Search using the email or part of the email or name of person you are wanting to email out of companies.
3) Once found, select it and join to that company record.  
4) IF its not found, simply look in that pop up box when its done searching for the add contact icon.  
5) fill out email, first and last name, and tie that contact to the company record.
6) Once back in that company record, press email and the contact and their email is now assocated with that company and you can email throught the company side.  😃

0 Upvotes
vdadalyan

SOLVE

Unfortunately that didn't help.

Even when a name/email comes up and is associated between a company and a contact. It cannot be selected and emailed to.

I'm once again at square one.

NO this has NOT been solved!

Vitaliy

0 Upvotes
knowtheworld

SOLVE

Hi Chris,

This was a great help - thanks for taking the time to reply. I think I was slightly confused because I'd been emailing contacts from the companies section previously, but I guess they had somehow been linked from the onset of using Hubspot. I'm going through and linking contacts with companies now and I'm having no issues!

Cheers,

Mike

0 Upvotes
vdadalyan

SOLVE

So how did you get it figured out?

0 Upvotes
imchrisjames

SOLVE

check out the steps i laid out in the other post just now

0 Upvotes
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hello @vdadalyan there are multiple ways you can email recipients with HubSpot.

1. To send a marketing email to a mass list of contacts who have subscribed to your business you need to use the Marketing Hub on a Basic, Pro or Enterprise package. Find out more here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email-user-guide-v2

2. With the sequences tool, you can send a series of targeted, timed emails to nurture a prospect over time. You must be on the HubSpot Sales Starter or Pro package. Find out more here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/sequences/using-sequences 

3. To send an individual email via the HubSpot CRM (HubSpot's free tool): https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/email/how-do-i-send-an-email-and-reply-to-an-emai...

4. To track and log emails you send via either Gmail or Outlook in the CRM: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/email-tracking/how-to-send-a-tracked-email

Please can you confirm which of the above you are trying to acheive and share details of you exactly workflow and roadblock. The more detail you can share with the Community the better - screenshots are extra helpful!

0 Upvotes
vdadalyan

SOLVE

Thanks for the reply roisinkirby.

#3 is what I am trying to accomplish.

I am trying to send an individual email the HubSpot Free CRM tool.

The inbox is connected.

I cannot select a receipient to send to. 

I have a company opened, the email tab is available. I can write the message body, I can write a subject line but there are zero recepients.

Please see attached screenshots.

Thanks,

Vitaliy

0 Upvotes
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Do you have any contacts associated with this company record? Find out more here and how to associate contacts with companies here.  

0 Upvotes
vdadalyan

SOLVE

Yes, every record has a contact associated with it.

I can even open admin rights and still it doesn't work.

Thanks

0 Upvotes