Email Marketing Tool

Zonal
Participant

UTM Tags: Find email by Internal Hubspot ID

SOLVE

Hi guys,

I hope somone can help!

We have the default hubspot tracking set up on our emails, and in analytics I can see that the utm_contents parameter has been set to the "Internal Hubspot ID" of the email.

I am trying to find the emails in hubspot based on these IDs so I can see which emails delivered the traffic reporting in GA, but I am so far struggling to work out how to find the email in HubSpot based on these IDs.

This must be easy, as otherwise what is the point of the default tracking if you can't find the source, but I'm tearing my hair out trying to work it out! Any help would be hugely appreciated!

Thanks,

Joe

1 Accepted solution
Aakar
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @Zonal 

I don't think there's a straight forward way. Well, I've never tried this before. I always associate the email with the HubSpot campaign.

If you want to find your email by utm_content or HubSpot Internal ID. Please go to your email dashboard, and export emails. 

hubspot-email.png

You will find the name of the email and your internal HubSpot ID there.

Screen Shot 2020-03-06 at 14.14.11.png

You need to manually clean it up. Map your internal HubSpot ID with your email.

I hope it helps.

Cheers.

Aakar Anil
Marketing Technologist
aakar.me | @aakarpost | in/aakarpost

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
Mhutton
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks @BérangèreL.

Unforunately, I am attempting to search by 'Internal HubSpot ID' and not the 'Marketing email ID'.

There appears to be no search parameter that exists in there for the 'Internal HubSpot ID'. 

0 Upvotes
BérangèreL
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Mhutton,

Thank you for the additional information and clarification!

While checking this for you, I could see here on the solution from @CHawkins on this post "Email Content ID vs Internal Hubspot ID" that Internal HubSpot IDs are used in UTM tracking to give credit to the specific email. If HubSpot assigned a Internal HubSpot ID of '123456789', people who recieved the email would have "_hsmi=123456789" and "utm_content=123456789" in their email links. This enables HubSpot to report on what contacts did from that email as well as include your email performance in attribution reports. 

From what I could see, at the moment, there is no such native option to filter by "Internal HubSpot ID".

However, one way to do that, as @Aakar is suggesting on this similar post "UTM Tags: Find email by Internal Hubspot ID", would be to export the emails, then you would get the name of the email and the Internal HubSpot ID.

Otherwise, for new feature suggestions, I'd recommend first to search and check if this idea is already present on our Ideas Forum here. If you find a similar idea, give it an upvote and share your unique use case in the comments.

If the idea doesn't exist already, please consider posting and creating a new Idea on our Ideas Forum here.

Thank you for being part of the discussion and I hope this helps!

Have a beautiful day!

Best,
Bérangère

Saviez-vous que la Communauté est disponible en Français ?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings!

0 Upvotes
Mhutton
Contributor

SOLVE

Looks like there is a advanced filter for Marketing email ID but this doesn't seem to work either: 

Mhutton_0-1709829513434.png

0 Upvotes
BérangèreL
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Mhutton, I hope that you are well!

I can see that you'd like to filter marketing emails by "Marketing email ID".

For that, when you are on the marketing email page, you can "Edit columns" (see below) to add the "Marketing email ID" property. Then you can copy the ID you are interested in, and then, in the advanced filters, you can add "Marketing email ID is equal to" and then paste the ID you selected.

I tested and this works for me.

I hope this helps!

Have a great day!

Best,
Bérangère

Saviez-vous que la Communauté est disponible en Français ?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings!

0 Upvotes
KHardisty
Participant

SOLVE

A bit older of a psot but I ran into the same issue.

I plan to just copy the internal email id into the name so its easily searchable within HubSpot.

Email Name - XXXXXXXX

Another email name - XXXXXXXX

Hope that helps. 

Aakar
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @Zonal 

I don't think there's a straight forward way. Well, I've never tried this before. I always associate the email with the HubSpot campaign.

If you want to find your email by utm_content or HubSpot Internal ID. Please go to your email dashboard, and export emails. 

hubspot-email.png

You will find the name of the email and your internal HubSpot ID there.

Screen Shot 2020-03-06 at 14.14.11.png

You need to manually clean it up. Map your internal HubSpot ID with your email.

I hope it helps.

Cheers.

Aakar Anil
Marketing Technologist
aakar.me | @aakarpost | in/aakarpost
Akshay17

SOLVE

Hi,

Can you tell me why my GA is not able to track few of the internal Hubspot ID . Its showing (not set) where as in my excel sheet all my emails have a internal id?

This is a problem for some of my email marketing

0 Upvotes