Email Marketing Tool

bethgoulet
Participant

Two email systems?

We use Segment to track all of our user activity in our app. We can't get much info from these activities sent from Segment to HubSpot so are exploring also using Customer.io to send more targeted email messages.

Has anyone here been in a similar situation? What were the limitations of having to use the two different email systems? Were you able to build a connection between Customer.io and HubSpot to keep the two in sync?

7 Replies 7
DivyeshP7
Participant

Two email systems?

Hey Everyone, 

A related question to this. 

Our use case is as follows:
We use Hubspot Marketing CRM to capture, track and score leads.
While we use customer.io to send out transactional emails. Including an automated email chain when a new customer signs up. 

The issue we are facing is there is no way to push the email sent, open and clicked data back to Hubspot from Customer.io.

Is there any resource that may help us?

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Two email systems?

Hello @bethgoulet,

Welcome to the Community, before we start, could you please give us more details in what is your main goal currently? 

Is it just to send more targeted emails? Are you currently using HubSpot's feature of personalization tokens

The more information, screenshots, and details you can provide, the better I can advise on the next steps.

Kindly,Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
bethgoulet
Participant

Two email systems?

Yes, the goal is to send more targeted emails. I use HubSpot's personalizaton tokens. The issue is that we have a lot of event/activity data that we can capture from our app that we can't get info on in HubSpot.

For example, if we have an event that somebody has added a college to their college list, I can see that the event was fired, however I can't see any of the meta data attached to it (college name, for example).

So if I wanted to send an email that says "great job! you've added [college name] to your list. did you know their FAFSA deadline is [x]?" I can't do that in HubSpot. That's where Customer.io comes in.

0 Upvotes
StefaniUAT
Key Advisor

Two email systems?

Hi @bethgoulet,

I personally have never used that app. However, I did some research and it looks like you can most likely bring that information in using Zapier. You would connect your HubSpot account and Customer.io account to Zapier and choose the trigger and action. In this case, Trigger: When a specified property is provided or updated on a contact in Customer.Io. Action: Brings that information over into HubSpot (via custom Hub field/property).

More about the integration:

https://zapier.com/apps/hubspot/integrations/customerio

More about Zapier:

https://zapier.com/how-it-works

Zapier is a third-party integration system that helps you connect/integrate multiple apps. They currently connect over 2,000 apps. There is a free plan or $50 a month should get you more than enough "Zaps". Keep in mind, you can integrate other apps you use, not just to HubSpot.

I know it's hard to justify paying extra and going through a third party. However, once you connect Zapier, your mind will be settled. Zapier is reliable, and most HubSpot user's go-to. This is the easiest way to bring over the information you need to segment and personalize your email efforts.

Otherwise, you could do it through an import. However, this process would be much more manual. 

Best,
Stefani Johnson
Defect and Database Administrator
University of Advancing Technology
uat.edu I Earn Tech Respect
bethgoulet
Participant

Two email systems?

Very familiar with Zapier. I'm less concerned about passing informaiton between systems and more interested in learning about the limitations of having two email systems.

For example, two emails systems would mean two places to report out of. It would also mean having to pass unsubscribe data between the two systems to make sure if somebody unsubs in one place we don't email them from the other.

Interested in hearing other people's experiences and ideas on what the limitations are.

0 Upvotes
himanshurauthan
Thought Leader | Elite Partner
Thought Leader | Elite Partner

Two email systems?

Hey @bethgoulet 

You can keep using the HubSpot as central data repository provided as long as you are getting all needed and useful data from other APPs. Customer.io is a good choice of doing the same.. On other hand, related to  management of unsubscriptions of customers, you can handle the same with Zapier as well.

I haven't tried for the same case but attempted with MailChimp and HubSpot and succeeded.. Same way you can set a trigger if any of the customer unsubscribes either from HubSpot or other tool, update their data on other end with the help zaps..

Thankyou.

Digital Marketing & Inbound Expert In Growth Hacking Technology
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Two email systems?

Thank you  @bethgoulet for explaining,

I will be tagging some of our top experts on this matter to give their opinions, @himanshurauthan@joshua-paul@StefaniUAT, would you like to add any suggestions to @bethgoulet question?

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes